Why become a member? ×

Bass Cave update

dmccombe7

Rehearsals start with one band on 9th May and really looking forward to hearing it within a band setting but i'm fairly confident it will do exactly what i want.

Been looking at the Subway range for about 2-3 yrs now. Only bought it because i just sold my Sunday car and money was lying there begging me to buy something. 😁

Dave

11 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

This looks great Dave! I bet if you ran a dual amp set up I could hear you from up in here in Glasgow! 

Maybe once the TT800 arrives you'll hear it from Berkeley 😂

Used to run dual amp rig with Bergantino cabs. Had a GB Streamliner 600into 2off Berg AE112 cabs and a Warwick amp into a Berg HT322. It was a split signal from my Roland GT-6B. Was quite a powerful sound.

Dave

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Looks wonderful and will sound every bit as good as it looks. I only wish I was closer to you so I could lend you a TT so you could get the full experience now.

You've got two, you wouldn't miss one. Just kidding Steve. 😃

It gives me time to get used to the cabs with my current amp that i'm used to. I can then hear the differences in just the cabs rather than starting afresh with a full new rig. 

At home the cabs sound excellent with same settings i had when using the PH212 but the mids are clearer and sharper and that's what i always thought was missing in my tone.

Andy (Agedhorse) explained to me that the Mpulse is designed with a mid scoop and that's maybe why the mids were not as clear with the PH212 and same with just the Subway 115. I tried nudging the passive mids up a touch (not much) and low and behold the mids became quite a bit clearer with the PH212 AND 115 cabs. Think i moved the mid from 12 to 12:30 and that was enough to just push the mids up. 

I'm really pleased with the cabs and the TT800should make a difference having 2 channels to play with.

Dave