Why become a member? ×

Well that was a bit of luck

stewblack

I have a few gigs trickling tentatively into the diary, and one is a dep slot for my old Madness Tribute. I've got over my bruised pride that they are still going strong without me, and am rather looking forwrd to it.

It's at the Llanelli Festival, only a couple of days beyond the alleged end of restrictions - so still very theoretical. Nonetheless I have been studiously relearning everything, and transcribing all the bass parts, it has kept me busy.

I got to thinking about the really important stuff today. What bass to take? Obviously I have my two toned precision, which will make a great prop/2nd bass but I wonder what the man mr Bedford himself used. Wouldja believe it theres a five year old thread here where someone points out that he was using a Bruce Thomas Profile - and I , of course, have that very bass in my collection. A good omen? Maybe I shall be blowing the cobwebs from my passport and heading over the bridge in June after all.

Now, what hats did he wear....

Madness Bruce Thomas profile.jpg

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

A Madness tribute must be a great gig to play. 

If you've got a multi-effect pedal, find a nice nasally distortion and put the biggest reverb you can find on it and crank it up, it's great for the ships horn at the start of Nightboat To Cairo. 

🙂👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maude said:

A Madness tribute must be a great gig to play. 

If you've got a multi-effect pedal, find a nice nasally distortion and put the biggest reverb you can find on it and crank it up, it's great for the ships horn at the start of Nightboat To Cairo. 

🙂👍

Nice one!

16 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Nice one Stew, you def have the right bass for the job!

Did you know that 5 years ago you played in the 100 Club juat after Madness had been there? They had named clothes hangers!