Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Westone Thunder 1A 1984 £250
£250
South Yorkshire

Deedee

I took this in a trade recently so am just looking to get back what it owes me.

1984 Westone Thunder 1A

34" scale / 20 frets

Weight - 8lb 15oz

Width at nut - 40mm

Active/passive switching plus a dual tone (series/paralell) switch for a huge variety of powerful sounds. All electrics working as they should.

It needed a bit of a clean up when I got it and the back of the neck had a few nicks in the finish. I've since rubbed it down and given it a couple of coats of gun stock oil, so it's now silky smooth. It could do with a few more coats purely for colour matching, but to me it's great as it is. The bridge was pretty grimey so that's had a good dose of Brasso and elbow grease and I've set it up with a brand new set of Fender 7250L strings (100/80/60/40). It's now playing and sounding great.

There are a few dings on the body (buckle rash, indentations etc) which I have tried to photograph, but the joy of the natural finish means nothing really shouts at you. There's some thumb wear over the pickup which is probably the most noticeable area of wear, and there's a little wear below the bridge.

I have an old (non-original) but perfectly serviceable hard case that I can let go with it.

A few pics to be going on with, but I can take some more tomorrow in natural daylight if required.  

EDIT - 4 daylight pics with case added

Collection preferred, but I can ship to the UK only at buyers cost. As always I’m also open to a motorway services handover, especially now we’re allowed a picnic. 😉

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

5.JPG

13.jpg

14.JPG