Why become a member? ×

Scammer - Facebook Marketplace

fabbabass

• 2 weeks later...

My friend got scammed today £60 for a Bass Loop. Mike Smethhurst AKA Tom Bannister AKA Dave Flour... AKA MICK MASON??? I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the goose chase but if it helps... here's his Instagram Page and Facebook Page .. probably fake but he has a friend in common who has 46 friends in common with me....what a wombler ... 

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.53.40.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.54.38.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.54.24.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 10.17.27.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.54.09.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.52.24.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.53.19.png

***IF THIS POST RELATES TO A SCAM YOU OR A FREIND HAS EXPERIENCED MESSAGE 'jon08'     BOSS PEDAL Scammer attacks again today OCT 18TH 2022 FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE SUCKS BE CAREFUL DON'T USE IT.. after some research today here's a face to the name attached to MICK MASON which is also attached to MATT SMETHURST which is also attached to TOM BANNISTER (latest scam name) & Dave  Flour.... Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mickmasonmusic

instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mick_mason12/ 

.......... SCAM ALLERT!!!!!! DON'T PURCHASE FROM FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE SENDING TO PAYPAL 'FRIENDS & FAMILY'.... P.S THIS GUYS HAIR IS stinky poo

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.54.38.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.54.24.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 10.17.27.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.53.40.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 09.07.00.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 08.53.35.png

Edited by trickybicky
  • Like 1

On 20/01/2022 at 13:51, Jon08 said:

He best way to get things moving with the Police is everyone provides how much they have lost and we can show he's probably on £300-£500 per week. Add that up and it's not the odd 45 quid a pedal it becomes more interesting to the Police. It would appear you can no longer go online to the local Police for Cyber crime you have to go to Action Fraud. I am about to contact them with my and some other peoples experience. If you have lost out to him PM me details and I will add them. If we can show the extent of his activities more chance of movement.  Also I am looking at Facebook as once they have been told how he is acting on the platform and given proof, they are breaking their own rules and in fact aiding the procedure of fraud. I have taken on national companies in the past and won a multi national would be even more fun........         

I agree, I threatened him with Action Fraud Team today on his facebook accounts. This will be reported this afternoon with the police, if the fraud team track his I.P address they have him but if we can give the action team a list of names they can look closer and prosecute, I don't like he has my friends address but its tuff luck. Ive posted this on my Facebook Page. If he is a musician its even worse. Thanks Jon08.

21 minutes ago, Tim2291 said:

Has anyone contacted the bands he claims to be a member of? If nothing else they should be aware of this as it could impact their reputation!

Look at the photos on his instagram gig advert/pictures. In the comments various band members are saying he's a scammer and doesn't pay the musicians....

• Like 1

There was a post earlier from a member of Chic to Chic mentioning a Ltd company... Could be useable for people making enquiries!

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/director/uk/929435839/?companyNumber=14022329

With regards to the FB scams, make sure you look at the profile of the person selling! Just clicking on the Mick Mason and Tom Bannister pages puts red flags up instantly. A working musician only posting 10 photos, all that look like the same gig and only 6 photos all of very random things... Is the Carpenters Experience genuine? Seems odd to me that a nationally touring tribute act, calling themselves the UK's leading Carpenters show would have a website that doesn't work and barely anyone responding to their events.

• Like 1

A quick look at the October ones booked in and it looks like the tickets went on sale but then the events were replaced by other events. My guess that he starts collected money for fake gigs or some kind of scam. The police need to track this horrible persons I.P address.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 15.18.31.png

On 18/10/2022 at 12:42, Tim2291 said:

There was a post earlier from a member of Chic to Chic mentioning a Ltd company... Could be useable for people making enquiries!

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/director/uk/929435839/?companyNumber=14022329

With regards to the FB scams, make sure you look at the profile of the person selling! Just clicking on the Mick Mason and Tom Bannister pages puts red flags up instantly. A working musician only posting 10 photos, all that look like the same gig and only 6 photos all of very random things... Is the Carpenters Experience genuine? Seems odd to me that a nationally touring tribute act, calling themselves the UK's leading Carpenters show would have a website that doesn't work and barely anyone responding to their events.

Interesting...

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/company/uk/14022329/uk-tribute-shows-ltd/

3 hours ago, prowla said:

I'm going to guess that probably neither of the addresses are the home of this guy...  However, this appears to be the FB profile of his co-director...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081649968896

Ooh look, it's Karen Carpenter-alike!

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/director/uk/929435838/?companyNumber=14022329

The company trading addresses are 16 Leicester Road, which is shown as her address, and 1 Kensington Close...  His address?  Who knows...  I cannot believe the police cannot do something with this info with enough motivation...

Edited by MoJoKe

9 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

I'm going to guess that probably neither of the addresses are the home of this guy...  However, this appears to be the FB profile of his co-director...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081649968896

Ooh look, it's Karen Carpenter-alike!

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/director/uk/929435838/?companyNumber=14022329

The company trading addresses are 16 Leicester Road, which is shown as her address, and 1 Kensington Close...  His address?  Who knows...  I cannot believe the police cannot do something with this info with enough motivation...

One of the addresses I saw was an accountants office so that wouldn't be any help!

some one called Arnau Bob, asked me apictures for my warrior bass with his name behind the bass then he put my bass for sale with his name hahahah he is a scammer ,

be carefull because he blocked me on facebook.

phnes one from usa and secong from england

+1 (713) 389-4146  +44 7591 568366

Arnaus bob.jpeg

scammer Arnaud Bob.jpeg

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, mustafunk1 said:

some one called Arnau Bob, asked me apictures for my warrior bass with his name behind the bass then he put my bass for sale with his name hahahah he is a scammer ,

be carefull because he blocked me on facebook.

phnes one from usa and secong from england

+1 (713) 389-4146  +44 7591 568366

Arnaus bob.jpeg

scammer Arnaud Bob.jpeg

Clever little con.  I imagine 'Bob' would have asked for the seller to do that to prove they actually own the bass.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sadsteveo said:

I've just been caught by "Dave Flour" too. I bought a Gopro on FB Marketplace for £90.00, used PayPal & did Friends & Family at his request 🙄. You live & learn I s'pose... I'd be happy to add any information if it stops him. 

Cheers, 

Steve 

His address is on this thread somewhere if you wanted to knock on his door and ask for your money back?

On 18/10/2022 at 15:27, trickybicky said:

If I have time tomorrow I will contact the venues and do some digging - do you think Netflix would be interested in a documentary? Only if we show up at one of his actual gigs and team beat with him with BOSS loop pedals ! Take That ! 

I had national press interest on him and they even purchased an item from him but then said who they were once item never arrived. Not sure what happen in the end but I know they were running things past their legal folks. Maybe they got cold feet or not juicy enough story.  Back in the day my associates would have resolved the problem very quickly for me. Of course these days one has to take a different approach which is rather long and in this time more folks are scammed. 10 months now since his clever banter caught me out and 90 quid disappeared but I won't stop looking for ways to take him out, legally of course............    

• Like 2