I didn't know these existed! looks like a nice through neck bass that will be very well made if it's come out of the Overwater factory.

I don't need this but the want is strong (even though i don't generally like Active basses and i'm playing short scale a lot of the time now)

I have asked about the string spacing and the weight, i'm just hoping they come back and say it's a boat anchor with super narrow spacing so i can pass by. 

Link to eBay

What's going on in the rectangular chamber on the reverse r/h side? Looks like a sink drainer....!

Edited by yorks5stringer

3 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

What's going on in the rectangular chamber on the reverse r/h side? Looks like a sink drainer....!

Reflection of a lampshade.  But yeah, looks almost like a baby speaker.

6 minutes ago, Skybone said:

Always thought that the Aria SB bridge was a great design.

i have had a search on google and have not managed to find another 5 string bridge of this design, i was wondering if it was made especially for this bass,

I found a mention of aria in this interview but no other images other than the ones from this ebay auction, i'm guessing this was a one-off maybe as a prototype?

http://www.garycooper.biz/articles/interviews0702.html

i've not had any reply from the seller so at the moment i'm not prepared to make a bid on it (no one else has bid yet either)

Matt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By andytoad
      Continuing the money raising for house moves and separation....

Is my rather nice Status series 2 headed 5 string with status hardcase.

It is currently strung with flats, but i can order something else and fit if the new owner prefers.
      Book-matched maple facing
      Mahogany wings with walnut centre 'tone block'
      Satin finish

5-string woven graphite through-neck &
      Dual-action truss-rod. 24 frets with Phenolic fingerboard. 

The bridge spacing is 72mm centre of the B string to centre of the G string
      The nut spacing is 39mm B string centre to G string centre

It has a bolt on Status C neck made of graphite, but it has the middle area profile slightly flattened, so a bit like taking a C neck and shaving the profile flatter. 
      Gold hardware
      Mono-rail bridge units
      Standard 19mm string spacing
      2 Status soap-bar pickups with three-band E.Q.
      Variable midrange frequency, master volume, pickup blend control &18 volt power supply

A great bass to be sure for the next owner.
      I can be a little flexible on price within reason, pickup, play and a cuppa preferred, but can ship at the buyers expense and risk.

• By Chris85
      Hi, 
      for sale is a special piece of art from Germany. A Warwick Streamer 5 in very good condition. It has the typical Warwick-sound. Very even over the whole fretboard and a tight and punchy low b. Craftmanship is extraordinay good. 
      Retail price was 3799€ - now are the prices for german made warwicks much higher.
      It comes with a massive Warwick rockcase and new daddario 165s strings.
      I may consider trades or part exchange.

Big Price Drop: 1550£

Warwick Machine heads Just a Nut III Brass 34″ scale 24 Jumbo Brass frets Maple fingerboard  Blackwood block inlays Blackwood neck with Maple stripes 2/3 Maple with 1/3 plain Blackwood top body Finish: Natural Oil Passive Seymour Duncan Soapbar’s SSB-5n (Neck) and SSB-5b (Bridge) Pickups Seymour Duncan 3-way with slap contour presets electronics Dome speed control knobs Warwick 2-pieces bridge Warwick security locks Chrome hardware color, maple tuning pegs  RockCase flight case  

• By Nicholasbt
      The bass is like new, has no signs of use or marks. The case is a bit broken but works well anyhow. Includes all documents and case candy.
      These Std Jazz Basses made between 2008 and 2018 are well know for their amazing quality. This one plays like butter.
      - alder body, 
      - maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
      - olympic white with tortoise pickguard 
      I could consider trades on 4 string jazz basses (preferably active)
      (Chair and plant not for sale)

• By [email protected]
      Sadowsky MV PJ5 - £1,700 (excl. condition)
      I bought this new in 2009. It's been my no.1 bass for over a decade and kept in stunning condition. It's a beautiful translucent white finish, so you can see the woodgrain really nicely. Just a few scratch marks on the scratch plate and natural slight wear to the back of the bass, but overall in excellent condition as you can see in the pictures. Happy to send any more pictures directly for anyone seriously interested.
      I don't have all the official measurements now, but it's got an ash wood body, maple neck, 5 string. I have kept it for so long as I was so happy with how the sound just found its place in the mix so effortlessly and never needed to dial in any frequencies to compensate. All the FOH engineers I worked with always commented on how they didn't need to do anything to the signal. I love this bass, but I feel it's time to move on, so happy for this to find a new home now.

• By Steve Brisley
      Purchased in 2019. MusicMan Stingray V 3EQ Active Bass Guitar. White with Maple neck.
      This was my dream bass and I'm reluctant to sell, however .I'm moving to NYC
      Available to pick up in Peterborough 
      Apart from a tiny dink on the neck which I've tried to capture that doesn't affect playing whatsoever this 12 month old bass is in great condition