Why become a member? ×

Springsteen - Letter to You

Al Krow

It sounds great anyway, but The Boss says....

“It’s the only album where it’s the entire band playing at one time, with all the vocals and everything completely live. The record is the first record that I’ve made where the subject is the music itself... It’s about popular music. It’s about being in a rock band, over the course of time. And it’s also a direct conversation between me and my fans, at a level that I think they’ve come to expect over the years.”

Wow!

• Like 1

I know! It's basically a "live take" - who does that these days? Most albums are super engineered / stripped back...but fair enough, not many bands are going to be as tight and together as the E Street! 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

Strong album! Liked it even better on a second full listen though, and what felt initially like a slightly weaker middle to the album turned into classic Springsteen story telling. 

Not sure many of our heroes are able to turn out such quality, both musically and vocally, into their 70s as Bruce has done with this. 

On 23/10/2020 at 14:48, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

It sounds great anyway, but The Boss says....

“It’s the only album where it’s the entire band playing at one time, with all the vocals and everything completely live. The record is the first record that I’ve made where the subject is the music itself... It’s about popular music. It’s about being in a rock band, over the course of time. And it’s also a direct conversation between me and my fans, at a level that I think they’ve come to expect over the years.”

Wow!

Looking forward to listening to this.  The Stones did a similar thing with Blue and Lonesome I think.

• Like 1