Why become a member? ×

Boss GT-1000 Core.

dave_bass5

6 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I've just discovered a lovely feature. With the signal split you can move between path A and path B with the dynamics of your playing. The sensitivity is fully customisable as are the relative levels of each path. It's so clever. Hit the strings harder down goes one path and up comes the other. Soften your touch and the process reverses. Get it just so and they blend.

Yeah it's really cool, you can use it to throw in a bit more grit when you dig in or get some really cool effects.

What gets really cool is you have access in assigns to use that same sensitivity to effect parameters of fx blocks. So for example you could have the Feedback control of a Flanger driven by how aggressively you play. 

12 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Yeah it's really cool, you can use it to throw in a bit more grit when you dig in or get some really cool effects.

What gets really cool is you have access in assigns to use that same sensitivity to effect parameters of fx blocks. So for example you could have the Feedback control of a Flanger driven by how aggressively you play. 

Oooh. I didn't know that. It's a slow learning curve for me but very rewarding 

• Like 1

There was a cool video that helped me get my head around it, Jared Gunston i think and he was using the assigns to create a more reactive noise gate. Basically as you play, the threshold reduces on the gate. It resulted in a much smoother, more natural noise suppression from what I remember but it really blew my mind. 

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

There was a cool video that helped me get my head around it, Jared Gunston i think and he was using the assigns to create a more reactive noise gate. Basically as you play, the threshold reduces on the gate. It resulted in a much smoother, more natural noise suppression from what I remember but it really blew my mind. 

Thanks for the tip 

I really wish I'd spend more time playing with the echo and reverb effects. I was looking at the Mastro Valvola LEM and just thinking how close you could get with the Core. 

Lots of reverse echoes and doing all the weird stuff with LPF bitcrushers and stuff like that. You could get some incredible effects, especially combined with the OFF1. 

• Like 1

On 04/03/2023 at 11:19, Woodinblack said:

I briefly though about the core, but if it can't do what the SY200 can do, it seems it doesn't bring much to the party over the HXFX.

Much smaller unit and I reckon using the effects you could get a cool synth sound going in the core, it’s just quicker in the Sy

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here managed to control a Source Audio One Series pedal via midi PC and CC messages directly from the GT 1000 Core USB? The Core has 'USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing' but I'm not sure if that is the same as being a USB host.

"The C4 Synth responds to MIDI Program Change (PC) and Continuous Controller (CC) messages via its mini USB port. The USB port handles communication between the C4 and digital audio workstations (DAW) on Mac and Windows machines as well as external MIDI controllers with USB host support (we recommend the DMC.micro from Disaster Area Designs)"

Or does it require the inelegant and costly faff of: SA Pedal into SA MIDI adaptor into  

TRS to MIDI adapter into Core?

37 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Has anyone here managed to control a Source Audio One Series pedal via midi PC and CC messages directly from the GT 1000 Core USB? The Core has 'USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing' but I'm not sure if that is the same as being a USB host.

"The C4 Synth responds to MIDI Program Change (PC) and Continuous Controller (CC) messages via its mini USB port. The USB port handles communication between the C4 and digital audio workstations (DAW) on Mac and Windows machines as well as external MIDI controllers with USB host support (we recommend the DMC.micro from Disaster Area Designs)"

Or does it require the inelegant and costly faff of: SA Pedal into SA MIDI adaptor into  

TRS to MIDI adapter into Core?

not that ive tried but i think that your gonna need the adaptor, pretty sure the usb on the core is for updates and using the editor, not sure it can send anything

• Thanks 1