Jump to content
Beedster

Werewolves of London

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Good stuff!

The book is incredible. By the end of it you’ll hate him, pity him and love him all at the same time. 

Ha, sounds a lot like me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Funnily enough, I'd never seen this.....

Me neither. Ta for that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skankdelvar said:

Me neither. Ta for that :)

Shall play Identify the Musos? WoT will probably be along and he tends to be quite good it it? In the meantime the drummist looks familiar? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Shall play Identify the Musos? WoT will probably be along and he tends to be quite good it it? In the meantime the drummist looks familiar? 

Oh, mate, I'm clueless at that stuff. I assumed the lead guitarist was Waddy Wachtel but only because he co-wrote the song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beedster said:

You know what, I think the werewolf is Pierce Brosnan....?

Gotta be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Shall play Identify the Musos? WoT will probably be along and he tends to be quite good it it? In the meantime the drummist looks familiar? 

It actually looks like the ‘Stand in the Fire’ band to me.... might be wrong, tho!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

It actually looks like the ‘Stand in the Fire’ band to me.... might be wrong, tho!

Love the BVs on that album, someone in that band has one hell of a voice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2020 at 17:35, Beedster said:

Brosnan, I'd stake my reputation on it

image.thumb.png.d9396e6185490aaee504d64de409e32b.png

 

Or someone from Meshuggah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With reference to the Yes thread I started and the idea that whilst some time might need to be invested in learning to appreciate an artist, I can wholeheartedly recommend getting into Warren Zevon. Perhaps unlike the prevailing sentiment on the Yes thread, the lyrics are realy really worth listening to, it's like having a singing psychotherapist :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

Did you read the book yet?

Starting this weekend, really looking forward to it mate :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2020 at 17:22, Beedster said:

Think you might need a big dish of beef chow mein Dad? Lee Ho Fooks is good?

When I first moved to London one of the first places I looked up was Lee Ho Fook in Gerrard Street purely because of the song. 

Went there regularly and had to order Beef Chow Mein on my first visit (although I can’t remember if it was actually on the menu!).

I also went to Trader Vic’s and ordered a Pina Colada. Cost a small fortune compared to my wages at the time but felt it had to be done. 

A few years later I had a big birthday party there and, I’m sure, bored everyone by telling them about the Werewolves connection 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, molan said:

When I first moved to London one of the first places I looked up was Lee Ho Fook in Gerrard Street purely because of the song. 

Went there regularly and had to order Beef Chow Mein on my first visit (although I can’t remember if it was actually on the menu!).

I also went to Trader Vic’s and ordered a Pina Colada. Cost a small fortune compared to my wages at the time but felt it had to be done. 

A few years later I had a big birthday party there and, I’m sure, bored everyone by telling them about the Werewolves connection 😂

Love it, I hope that at Trader Vic's you hair was perfect :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beedster said:

Love it, I hope that at Trader Vic's you hair was perfect :)

I genuinely put extra effort in that night 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...