Why become a member? ×

Riverhead Unicorn SOLD
£150
Belgium

koval123

Up for sale goes mid '80s Riverhead Unicorn RUB-1090 bass. Originally black it has been refinished at some point and it was a decent paintjob. Everything works fine, neck is straight with nice dark rosewood fretboard. The only issue is a significant fretwear on lower frets, major in A string positions. I'd say it's 50% wear in 2 or 3 spots. You can still play with a mi-low comfortable action.

It weights 3,2 kg / 7,1 lb on my traveler's scales.

unic1.jpg

unic2.jpg

unic3.jpg

unic4.jpg

Edited by koval123
the item is now sold
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, Bassassin said:

All about the timing! This will (likely) be the second one of these I've missed by a nanosecond!

Usual rules apply, you know who to PM if you get bored with it! :D

Stranger things have happened.  I sold my Yamaha BB-35 which, if anything, was rarer and more suitable for the music I play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul S said:

Stranger things have happened.  I sold my Yamaha BB-35 which, if anything, was rarer and more suitable for the music I play.

Well, in that case I'll keep a digit or two tentatively crossed. No pressure though. :P

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Have any of you heard the short instrumental piece on Gladys' Leap by Fairport Convention called The Riverhead? (A listen will make the reason for the name obvious).

Not heard the composition in question (will have a listen) but I do know a certain Mr Pegg played one of these in the 80s...

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

At least... it isn't a pink one.  You might have been cross about that :) 

I might have sobbed a little.

It had actually occurred to me, given that this one's a refin already, it wouldn't exactly be sacrelige to bust out the rattle cans.

Triumph Nuclear Red? :D

speedtripcrop2.thumb.JPG.45bb38f938a6c475abb41a83460cc08e.JPG

36 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

I might have sobbed a little.

It had actually occurred to me, given that this one's a refin already, it wouldn't exactly be sacrelige to bust out the rattle cans.

Triumph Nuclear Red? :D

speedtripcrop2.thumb.JPG.45bb38f938a6c475abb41a83460cc08e.JPG

That's a bit clichéd as transport for Gaye Bikers on Acid... 🙂

• MB1 locked this topic