Why become a member? ×

ROTO stainless

mrcrow

how about some verdict on these 'industry standard' strings

i just got a bass with them on it and i usually use TI nickel..or anyones nickel

they are breaking my heart and making me use all kinds of eq to tame them even through my sansamp bddi

they are new so i am loathe to just ditch them....perhaps just give them away

any thoughts or flames :)

[quote name='jonsmith' post='434734' date='Mar 14 2009, 06:01 PM']They should calm down a bit in a day or two, if they're new. However, if you're used to nickel, they will always sound bright. I've always found TIs a bit subdued anyway, so Rotos will be an even bigger contrast for you.
Best just send them to me. :)[/quote]

thanks jonsmith
i will need to play them a bit more...and if they dont quieten down...i will need to get some TI or other nickel
guess we are all different
cheers
geof

Yip, mine are dead as fried chicken and my new Optimas haven't arrived in time for tonight's gig.

I only bought them as they were all my local shop had at short notice.

Give them a week or 2 and they'll go from zingy to sounding like someone has a pillow held against your strings

[quote name='mrcrow' post='434690' date='Mar 14 2009, 04:39 PM']how about some verdict on these 'industry standard' strings

i just got a bass with them on it and i usually use TI nickel..or anyones nickel

they are breaking my heart and making me use all kinds of eq to tame them even through my sansamp bddi

they are new so i am loathe to just ditch them....perhaps just give them away

any thoughts or flames :)[/quote]

I hate those Rotos (and I'm not keen on any stainless). Nickel flats all the way for me. TI Flats or D'Addario Chromes.