Why become a member? ×

Has anyone ever seen a P bass in this colour?

Nibody

I used to own (1990's) a P bass that I bought from the former bass player of 70's band Ginty. It was sold as a 1976 fender (though with gaining more knowledge and the internet growing I doubt all of it was if any of it). Finnish was basically this (he had it refinished in the 80's I believe) with a maple neck, matching burst headstock and a solid brass pickguard. I sold it in 2001ish. Miss it like hell. Interested to know if anyone has seen a P bass in this finish (a candy purple burst)

PurpleCandyBurst.jpg

Edited by Nibody
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Geek99 said:

The horns look weird ...

Probably because that isnt actually the bass (its just a triiibuuute..) - I just came across that picture on a US site of a guy that does refinnishes and the colour/burst is identical to my old bass (used to call it cadburys burst) I only have two pics of the old girl and I have no idea where they are

2 hours ago, Nibody said:

Probably because that isnt actually the bass (its just a triiibuuute..) - I just came across that picture on a US site of a guy that does refinnishes and the colour/burst is identical to my old bass (used to call it cadburys burst) I only have two pics of the old girl and I have no idea where they are

To be fair I don’t think it’s entirely clear in your text but fair enough 

4 hours ago, bloke_zero said:

yeh saw those

4 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

There are similar ones about in solid colours, but if you want a purple burst, it might be easier getting one refinished.

Im just curious what happened to my old bass as it was such an unusual finish - and very well done by whoever did it.

I have a body sprayed up , (badly) in cadburys purple and a spare can of black gloss nitro - might attempt a burst myself at some point.

• Like 1