rockdog

** SOLD ** ACG Recurve 4 Short Scale 31.5"
£1000
Dorset

Here is a beautiful example of Alan's work. I bought this on BC 3 years ago and have gigged it a few times.

The only variation from spec is a pan pot in place of the 4-way rotary ( original included - solderless change ). Beautiful kingwood top.

Short scale 31.5". In excellent condition. I am only playing fretless now so this needs to go to a good home.Comes with it's original semi-rigid Fusion case. Collection is preferred but can be shipped at buyer's expense and arrangement.

Full details here https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0204recurve4-2/

Not looking for trades. Can be seen / played in my detached music room with full social distancing. 

Thanks for looking and drop me a PM if you would like more details

.20180704_180032.thumb.jpg.d7e15505bc5de351d4765ba95ff4c5f9.jpg20180704_180040.thumb.jpg.89aed1b82aebf8675af0d71cbda32442.jpg20180704_180605.thumb.jpg.e35633f2d96dd95dcde3f8261bab815c.jpg20180704_180544.thumb.jpg.6abcf533cf0007684276c7f5a31a8175.jpg20180704_180207.thumb.jpg.bd327669e108de5309da8ef081b05ef2.jpg20180704_180624.thumb.jpg.4c6f6320ee480496f4c4d35b5d9e43df.jpg

Edited by rockdog
  • Like 4

This is a gorgeous bass. I had a little fondle if it when @eude first had it and it plays like butter. Great price too.

3 hours ago, rockdog said:

Yes to both.

Uhm..I must say I'm tempted. :) 

If any of the gear I have for sale here at the moment sells before this is gone I will get back to you. ;) 

How are these short scale basses with slapping?

Can you still get a good thumb sound despite the shorter scale?

I'm tempted!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BCH
      Trade: Short Scale 4 string (30" or 30.5") ACG, Wilcox, Serek (not Fender)

• By BadHands
      Hi all!
      I'm looking into having a LOT of work done to a high-end bass, which will completely ruin it's value on the second-hand market, but will be absolutely perfect for me. Just wondering if anyone else has made any serious, irreversible mods to valuable equipment in the pursuit of their ideal bass? If so, I'd love to see pictures!
    • By Baloney Balderdash
      As I tune my main 4 string Ibanez Mikro Bass, which has a just 28,6" scale length, in F# standard tuning, 2 half steps above regular 4 string E standard tuning, I use a set made out of single strings, the 2 middle strings actually being guitar strings threaded through the cut off ball ends of bass strings, after much experimentation settling for a gauge .090 - .072 - .054 - .040 set, calculated via the D'Addario String Tension Pro online string tension calculator the low F# string having a tension at about 25 lbs and the remaining strings just about 29 lbs each.
      So I was thinking taking a shot at ordering a custom set of Newtone strings next time, and as far as I can tell from the description it seems like the Diamond line nickle plated steel hex core roundwounds would suit my preferences the best (I would very much like to keep approximately the same measurements as above).
      Now I actually love the sound I get from the D'Addario XL strings I use, and didn't like the tone of the NYXL strings when I tried them, so my question is how does the Newtone Diamond series strings compare to D'Addario XL strings.
      I mean both in terms of tone, longevity, tension, stiffness and feel in general? 
      I calculated that with VAT and import taxes a custom Newtone set like this will end up costing me just about the same as if I ordered single string D'Addario XL strings.   A longer lifetime would be a big sales point for me.  
    • By waveydavy
      For sale maida vale precision bass pickup and wiring loom/harness consisting of cts pots, cloth wire and orange capacitor.
      Price includes p and p
    • By Damon
      I have 1 complete set of Dingwall strings (.045, .058, .075, 0.98)
      and 1 set with the following:
      1 x .058
      1 x .075
      2 x .098
      so basically no G string and 2 E strings (dont ask, they came from Dingwall that way by mistake).
      Im using Stadium Elites on my Dingwall so these are not required.  They are brand new.
      I will post first class (included in the £25) to the UK only.
      Thanks
      Damon