Why become a member? ×

Battery power for a pedal board?

Woodwind

2 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Or rechargeable 9V PP3s with lithium batteries and a voltage regulator built in. They are the dogs and have more capacity than an alkaline PP3!

What you say may ineed be true. But here I am testing my new purchase.

Considering I used all 5 pedals all on all the time, whereas in 'real life' I'd only have 1 always on, and 1 often on, I'm saying that, for me at least, the Harley at £32 is totally silent, mess free, slim and packs plenty of power for any gig I'm likely to play. I'm approaching 5 hours now and powering down.

Didn't need two really but hey ho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

There's no way I can sneak another bass in at the moment. She's only just discovered there's a BF Super Twin incoming!

It's a thorny issue. Get it delivered to me. I'll send the battery pack on to you and look after the bass. 🤷🏻‍♂️ least I can do 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Mooer power pack rechargeable battery thingy before getting my Harley. Unfortunately I must have trodden on it as the little led broke and now I have no indication of the charge level. 

Not a problem, I keep it on my desk and use it to save trailing wires from wall sockets when I'm  a-noodling. 

Yesterday I set up pedal board number 4,548 (wonder if I'll ever actually stick with one layout) and the number of pedals (8) gave the mooer palpitations. It was charged and working but just could not power then all. 

Checked my Harley, it was down to its final light so, not expecting much, I connected it up. 

Needless to say the whole thing worked perfectly and I got a good hour out of it before it gave up.

This board has a Line Selector and mixer pedal, both of which run separate loops, to enable single press access to multiple pedals. This means that the pedals in said loops are always on. 

Pretty impressive I'd say. Oh and they're much slimmer than the Mooer and charge my phone and tablet. 

On 12/08/2020 at 20:02, Woodwind said:

Would you mind outlining what you're running here,

Cheers

Thomas 🙂

Excuse my English.
I use a 26800mAh Power Bank
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B013SMEVKG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EfH.EbSC5NB83

Conected to a switch
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07QN3B2TS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_E9WlbBSttKUn1

To supply power to a power adapter from 5v to 4x9v (from AliExpress)
Similar to:
US $33.86 20% OFF|Vitoos ISO4 SE Power Pack Isolated Output Power Supply Guitar Effects Power Supply 4pcs DC Cables for Guitar Pedals|Guitar Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

and from there to pedals.

Battery last for sooo long powering LS-2, ZoomB1, BECOS Compressor, TC Spark, and Broughton HPF+LPF, and charging my iphone, at the same time  

Cheap and completely silent!!!

Edited by egarcia
More coments
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, egarcia said:

Excuse my English.
I use a 26800mAh Power Bank
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B013SMEVKG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EfH.EbSC5NB83

Conected to a switch
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07QN3B2TS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_E9WlbBSttKUn1

To supply power to a power adapter from 5v to 4x9v (from AliExpress)
Similar to:
US $33.86 20% OFF|Vitoos ISO4 SE Power Pack Isolated Output Power Supply Guitar Effects Power Supply 4pcs DC Cables for Guitar Pedals|Guitar Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

and from there to pedals.

Battery last for sooo long powering LS-2, ZoomB1, BECOS Compressor, TC Spark, and Broughton HPF+LPF, and charging my iphone, at the same time  

Cheap and completely silent!!!

Nice one,

Thank you for the details!!

😎

Edited by Woodwind
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2