Why become a member? ×

Too cool for school...

11 hours ago, Delberthot said:

That someone could do that and clearly be enjoying himself had such a profound effect on me that I always try to have as much fun at a gig as I possibly can, regardless of how good, bad or indifferent the gig actually is.

That was always my attitude. I used to hate when we played in a duo and I would see my mate the guitarist shoe gazing or looking miserable but he was nothing compared to the rhythm guitarist that we had when we went back to the full band. He permanently looked like he was about to start crying. Everyone commented on it and we kept saying cheer up FFS! I think we are there to entertain the punters not look like we don't want to be there. Miserable looking musicians don't make people enjoy themselves. I always tried to play with a smile on my face or at least look interested. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubit said:

That was always my attitude. I used to hate when we played in a duo and I would see my mate the guitarist shoe gazing or looking miserable but he was nothing compared to the rhythm guitarist that we had when we went back to the full band. He permanently looked like he was about to start crying. Everyone commented on it and we kept saying cheer up FFS! I think we are there to entertain the punters not look like we don't want to be there. Miserable looking musicians don't make people enjoy themselves. I always tried to play with a smile on my face or at least look interested. 

I used to be a bit of a shoe gazer but in most bands i was tucked up at the back near the drummer so not too noticeable. It was usually because i was concentrating on what i was doing. I had to work at not doing it. 

In my current band i'm out front with singer and guitarist and i had to really make an effort to look the part. Being 70's Glam covers most of the bass parts are not to difficult so its easier not having to concentrate so much and i can just enjoy the fun. Our singer is a bit of a comedian as part of the show with some of his stage show so that does make me laugh quite a bit.

Dave

• Like 2