Why become a member? ×

Michigan bass "made in the USA by Alembic apprentices"

It's old & it's purty, but who's gonna tell me what this [b]really[/b] is?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280318065147"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=280318065147[/url]

No cheating, just look closely at the pics...

Jon.

I like the fact that in the Q&A its pointed out to the seller that it is indeed a Korean-made instrument from Cort stable (presume the comment is from Bassassin) and he says he will change the advert .... yet no change, still describing it as US made :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='427214' date='Mar 6 2009, 02:11 PM']I like the fact that in the Q&A its pointed out to the seller that it is indeed a Korean-made instrument from Cort stable (presume the comment is from Bassassin) and he says he will change the advert .... yet no change, still describing it as US made :)[/quote]

In fairness, he says he'll post it on the listing - which he has. I messaged him before it had any bids, so he did have the chance - however once a bid's placed you can't edit the original listing - only add bits at the end.

Shame he didn't change it - that blew my chance of grabbing it for £50! :ph34r:

It's a bit ruff & ready finish-wise for a Cort - but I'm not arguing with the inlays, trc, hardware & general construction. This is only the second one of these I've seen, that was on Ebay a few years ago so there's a strong likelihood it's the same one.

J.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='427335' date='Mar 6 2009, 04:39 PM']"HARD TO FIND ANY INFO ON THESE,THEY ARE BELIEVED TO BE MADE BY ALEMBIC APPRENTICES AS PART OF THEIR TRAINING,SO HANDMADE IN THE USA."

I take it this statement was picked straight out of the bullsh!t hat?[/quote]
Thats what I was referring to - he may well have posted your very comprehensive assessment of the bass in the Q&A, Jon, but he continues to use a misleading/ficticious title to lure in potential mugs

He should edit the title and body text or have the ad listing removed (voluntarily or otherwise)

Damn! That bass was far more sexy when it was handmade by Alembic apprentices, young scantily-clad female Alembic apprentices, one in particular, her pert young breasts jutting proudly against the thin material of her blouse ... sorry, where was I?

I was a bit surprised at the placement of the rear pickup. I know it's called the bridge pickup, but you don't often see them rammed up against the bridge like that.

Ah well, back to my daydreams, the neck of the bass hand-rolled on the tanned thighs of [size=1]mumble mumble mumble[/size]

Bid up to £142 now, with over 2 days left to run.

They're obviously chowing down on that tasty bull$hit with this one, despite the presence of verifiable facts. It's interesting how people will believe what they want to believe, regardless of contrary evidence. This could either be a cue for a discussion of religion or a justification for the spouting of outright lies & unfounded fabrications in an Ebay listing.

Either way, give the people what they want. :)

J.