Why become a member? ×

Show Us Yer TecAmps (Old & New!)

deksawyer

I'm about to gig with mine for the first time later today, so in the process of packing it up, I took a few snaps. TecAmp Puma 500 head/M212 4ohm Cab and Korg DTR-2000 tuner.

Hope it performs.............

D.

Edited by deksawyer

I need to wait to post mine but I posted it before in lightweigh thread ...
(I just have a problem with my FTP now which is on maintenance)

I also have a Puma 500 with XS112 (8ohms) for training with my band and S212 (4ohms) for gigs and it's OK ...
when I need another sound I also use a sadowsky SA200 amp paired with the S212 cab....
but I mainly use the Puma cause it's in bag, I have it on shoulder to go with my bass on the back and the XS112
on the other hand.
A complete set handled easily to go everywhere !

Edited by flychris

Well, you've never heard a tighter cab in your life (well I haven't) the bottom end was simply fantastic. It's almost like there's some sort of compression happening. I think the Powersoft derived amp has some sort of DSP. I like it anyway!

It could have been a bit clearer in the mid/high end but I never really tweaked it too much. It's always a sh*tty sound in this particular venue, so it could just be that.

I met 'The Dude' there, nice talking to you...

D.

Edited by deksawyer

ha I knew it lol, I'm mates with Bob and his band ( I used to be in a band with the guitarist) I drove past with the missus on sunday would've popped in but she wasn't well, small world eh :)

Braw wee rig you've got there as well :rolleyes:

Edited by mr pablo

[quote name='flychris' post='422415' date='Mar 1 2009, 04:17 PM']I need to wait to post mine but I posted it before in lightweigh thread ...
(I just have a problem with my FTP now which is on maintenance)

I also have a Puma 500 with XS112 (8ohms) for training with my band and S212 (4ohms) for gigs and it's OK ...
when I need another sound I also use a sadowsky SA200 amp paired with the S212 cab....
but I mainly use the Puma cause it's in bag, I have it on shoulder to go with my bass on the back and the XS112
on the other hand.
A complete set handled easily to go everywhere ![/quote]

So here mine :

[quote name='deksawyer' post='422982' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:53 AM']Well, you've never heard a tighter cab in your life (well I haven't) the bottom end was simply fantastic. It's almost like there's some sort of compression happening. I think the Powersoft derived amp has some sort of DSP. I like it anyway!

It could have been a bit clearer in the mid/high end but I never really tweaked it too much. It's always a sh*tty sound in this particular venue, so it could just be that.

I met 'The Dude' there, nice talking to you...

D.[/quote]

Well hello there :) Was a good afternoon and I liked yer amp mate. Nice choice of songs yer band pulled out too. We were happy enough to get up for a couple then get drunk! I love those jam sessions when I aint workin the next day :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='flychris' post='460131' date='Apr 11 2009, 09:08 PM']And why did you sell the back cat ? :)

IMO best amp in his class ...[/quote]

However, IMO opinion not! :D

Aside from the tone of the amp I found the fact that the available power was only usable if you had x2 4ohm loads was not particularly useful... however it isn't just Tech that follow this path.

A very good/great amp but IMO the Thunderfunk was better! :rolleyes:

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='460161' date='Apr 11 2009, 10:01 PM']WH sell me the 2x10 and 1x15![/quote]

Unfortunately they went some time ago mate! :)

Also the 2x10 was 4ohms and the 1x15 was switchable 4/8ohms (genuine switchable as it was a dual coil driver), so unless you had a 2 ohm rated amp, pair of 4ohm (in my case MB) amps or a BlackCat ( :rolleyes: ) you couldn't use the pair together.

[quote name='Flanker' post='460108' date='Apr 11 2009, 08:41 PM']Yes.

Now get your pics up! :)[/quote]
ok then Tech Soundsystems 600w combo 2x10 on top, 2x12 underneath. Sub included in picture for scale purposes.
Combo formerly belonged to Squarepusher, both have neo's and have been 'tweaked' by Mike Walsh of Icen and Zoot, when he owned the Bass Merchant.

Ta. Looks nice.

What type of tone do you like? I'm gassing for a Puma head but just a bit concerned about the tone not being 'big' enough, quick but full is what I'm after with an Epi410UL.

Knowing my form I'll probably get one anyway and move it on at a loss if it doesn't work!