Why become a member? ×

Lefty Bass Bash Saturday April ?18th? - Somersham, Cambridgeshire

josh3184

Has been briefly discussed in the lefty market thread, how do people fel about a lefty bass bash? I wnet to the Harrogate one recently and whilst being fun, it was disapointing being the only southpaw there!
We have a venue and date in mind (thanks to Biggsy- everyone thank him! Do it now!) which is:

Saturday April 18th in Somersham, Cambridgeshire

Thoughts, and anyone who would be tentatively interested, please post something!

[quote name='yorick' post='417495' date='Feb 23 2009, 03:08 PM']Any idea how far Somersham is from Cambridge? Can get a train with a couple of Sandbergs from Brum to Cambridge, but no idea from there.....[/quote]

It's a 25 min drive, you're slightly better off getting the train to Huntingdon, which is a bit closer and in the same district as a lot of Somersham-friendly taxi companies.

I'm happy to make a trip or two to the Huntingdon station to make pick-ups ;)

Anyone's welcome, but the main intention is to try out different left-handed basses!

I told my mates about this last night and they nearly wet themselves, it's quite a strange thing to the non-muso! It could make for a funny, random Youtube video, a load of lefty bass players jamming together.

It could even be some kind of world record?!

Sounds great to me.

There's a little bit of a problem in that I'm supposed to be going to see Mrs Coasterbass' mates in Winchester that day ;) However, I might be able to convince her to take the train, and for me to join them later in the day. its only a 130 miles after all :P
So, I reckon its doable if everything starts early enough, and then I'll have to head off about 3.30/4pm. Would that fit with the plans so far?

If all goes well I'll bring my Stingray, Jazz Deluxe and Thumb V. Do we need to bring amps too?

[quote name='coasterbass' post='418386' date='Feb 24 2009, 01:55 PM']Sounds great to me.

There's a little bit of a problem in that I'm supposed to be going to see Mrs Coasterbass' mates in Winchester that day ;) However, I might be able to convince her to take the train, and for me to join them later in the day. its only a 130 miles after all :P
So, I reckon its doable if everything starts early enough, and then I'll have to head off about 3.30/4pm. Would that fit with the plans so far?

If all goes well I'll bring my Stingray, Jazz Deluxe and Thumb V. Do we need to bring amps too?[/quote]

Sure, let's start the bash at 12-1pm to allow people time for the journey and wrap it up at about 4 or 5pm, or whenever it gets quiet..

Amps would be really helpful as I can only guarantee one for sure - I have a spare pair of 1x12's which could be driven by an amp each and allow for 3 people to play at the same time, we shouldn't need a great deal more than that but it can't hurt!