Why become a member? ×

MXR Bass Octave Deluxe

JonnyM

Wondering if anyone has any news on the new MXR Bass Octave Deluxe, like when it's due out here etc...

This from Harmony Central:

"The M-288 Bass Octave Deluxe is a dual-voice octave pedal from MXR Bass Innovations that offers organic analog tone, true bypass, and a wide variety of tone-shaping options. Powered by a single 9-volt battery, MXR's 18-volt Constant Headroom Technology(tm) (CHT) provides studio-performance headroom and superior tracking. Use the Dry knob to mix your direct bass signal with the octave effect, or hit the Mid+ switch to add up to +15dB of internally adjustable low-mid punch (400Hz) or midrange pop (850Hz). Bass players will love the two separately processed and individually voiced octave controls Growl (for throaty, midrange octave-below tone) and Girth (for deep and smooth octave below). The Bass Octave Deluxe comes in a durable, lightweight aluminum casting and has the same high-quality jacks and switches that have made MXR pedals the road-ready standard on pedal-boards around the world for over 30 years."

See YouTube link, post 10 ;)

Edited by JonnyM

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='415908' date='Feb 21 2009, 12:22 AM']Yeah I'm looking forward to trying this. It will have to be a bit special to knock my OC-2 off my board, but we'll see.[/quote]

I'm feeling the same about it: I'll be interested to find out if it's more versatile sound-wise than my Octabass, which it is on paper. In reality, it could be pants though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JonnyM' post='417560' date='Feb 23 2009, 04:10 PM']JHS say delivery is expected "some time in April, £239 RRP..." I imagine the street price will be much cheaper...[/quote]

The RRP on an M80 is £213ish and you can get one of those for about £150, so these will be summat like £160 maybe?

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='427943' date='Mar 7 2009, 12:14 PM']It is interesting to see how MXR/Dunlop changed their opinion about voltage pumps.[/quote]

I'd imagine it's because a lot of people cba to have a separate supply just for their dunlop pedals. Some of which weren't designed so great in the first place. *cough blowtorch cough*