Why become a member? ×

All you need is a village hall and a Ferrari

plumbob

Did this the other week , pretty chuffed with the way it turned out , considering the budget was £0

[url="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=446309080&n=446309080&MyToken=55f64546-3ba6-4f8b-8c20-8dd9271d8026"]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...20-8dd9271d8026[/url]

How many cameras were there? The video cuts quite professionally between several angles so you either had several cameras or run through the song several times with the single camera in different positions. I'd love to know how you did it on a budget of zilch!

PS. Great bass tone

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='bassman2790' post='400402' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:48 PM']How many cameras were there? The video cuts quite professionally between several angles so you either had several cameras or run through the song several times with the single camera in different positions. I'd love to know how you did it on a budget of zilch!

PS. Great bass tone[/quote]

Cheers for that .

Just one camera , and many takes.

A friend of ours does a bit of filming , although when he brought his camera along we all had a laugh as it resembled the big Russian one that Rodney used on Only Fools !!

I think he's edited it on a Mac I have no idea what software.

I was suffering with flu at the time , and I must say i was flagging by the end especially under hot spotlights.

Used my 1978 Fender Precision in the vid , ( because the the singer wanted a red & black theme ;) ) but the bass on the track is my Marcus Miller , through an old valve Ampeg into a Roland 2480 recorded in the sax players garage.

[quote name='Huwberry' post='400450' date='Feb 4 2009, 09:36 PM']Eh?! Is it me, or is that a different drummer in the band shots?

Anyway, that's a nicely done for a live in the studio recording.[/quote]

Yes well spotted.

The guy playing drums on his own at the very beginning of the vid is our actual drummer , but he couldn't make it on the day as he had flu and a kidney infection .

So the lad playing with the band is young Tom , who is the sax players girlfriends son , who just happened to be there.

Bless him , we originally had him diguised in a motorcycle helmet , but he couldn't hear the music , and although only playing along he didn't know where he was so we plonked a red hat and some shades on him.

I think they filmed the proper drummer on the day they they did the ferrari shoot , and spliced it together.

I too had flu on the day , but I just suffered for my art , but then I'm a bass player ! ;)