Why become a member? ×

Something came in the mail today. (I destroyed a Hardcase)

Shockwave

So this morning i wake up to see that UPS delivered a huge package today at the shop. I bring it back upstairs. Open up the box and in it is a huge hardcase.

I try to get into the hardcase.....

Its pretty hard to get into. There were no keys!

I managed to break into one of the locks by using a paper clip, but the other being really stubburn. So i had to use a flathead screwdriver and break my way in, Not before i emailed Sebastard wondering why he hadnt sent the keys.

(turns out it wasent a key system, But i had to line somethings up.)

So anyway. I put the bass together, BC-Rich NOS USA Ironbird bass. Adjusted the Sky high action, And it plays and sound great. Though i think the wiring when both the pickups are on isent quite correct (Huge volume and bass loss) I will be sorting that out tommorow.

I will be getting lightweight tuners and a real grippy strap, Maybe a strap pin reposition, Some DR Blacks Strings. Plus i will be sending the case to my case maker to get new (And better locks) Fitted to it, you wouldnt believe how easy it was to break the lock.

[url="http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000396mj9.jpg"][/url]
[url="http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000397rd4.jpg"][/url]
[url="http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000398me0.jpg"][/url]

So, After making a fool of myself and breaking into hardcases, I have a wonderful NOS (Never been played apart from in a shop and by seb for a few hours, NO FRETWEAR) USA Ironbird bass. One i have been after since i first started playing 4 years ago.

I would like to thank Seb for his hard graft at fixing the neck pocket and sending it out here. And Lorne for all his "Wonderful" Advice ;-).

PS, I dont think i will be respraying it Pink, its too damn sexy in black. Maybe when i get a Cheaper NJ model :) The pickups so far sound great, So i am undecided about Emgs as of yet.

[quote name='Machines' post='42571' date='Aug 7 2007, 06:18 PM']How much did that cost you ?

Never seen one for sale..[/quote]

The reason it took me so long to get one was because they are pretty hard to find at times!

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='The Burpster' post='42581' date='Aug 7 2007, 07:53 PM']Humn HSC lock destruction.. I just did that too yesterday...... Let me know where your mate gets teh locks please I need two now....!

BC looks 'Well 'ard!" nice one......!

:)[/quote]

Me too, I have loads of cases and travel all the time, usually with a different bass each time so could do with decent locks now they do not allow me to take a bass in a gig bag in the cabin of the aircraft unless you buy it a seat!

[quote name='Shockwave' post='42549' date='Aug 7 2007, 05:10 PM']So this morning i wake up to see that UPS delivered a huge package today at the shop. I bring it back upstairs. Open up the box and in it is a huge hardcase.

I try to get into the hardcase.....
Its pretty hard to get into. There were no keys!

I managed to break into one of the locks by using a paper clip, but the other being really stubburn. So i had to use a flathead screwdriver and break my way in, Not before i emailed Sebastard wondering why he hadnt sent the keys.

(turns out it wasent a key system, But i had to line somethings up.)

So anyway. I put the bass together, BC-Rich NOS USA Ironbird bass. Adjusted the Sky high action, And it plays and sound great. Though i think the wiring when both the pickups are on isent quite correct (Huge volume and bass loss) I will be sorting that out tommorow.

I will be getting lightweight tuners and a real grippy strap, Maybe a strap pin reposition, Some DR Blacks Strings. Plus i will be sending the case to my case maker to get new (And better locks) Fitted to it, you wouldnt believe how easy it was to break the lock.

[url="http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000396mj9.jpg"][/url]
[url="http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000397rd4.jpg"][/url]
[url="http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000398me0.jpg"][/url]

So, After making a fool of myself and breaking into hardcases, I have a wonderful NOS (Never been played apart from in a shop and by seb for a few hours, NO FRETWEAR) USA Ironbird bass. One i have been after since i first started playing 4 years ago.

I would like to thank Seb for his hard graft at fixing the neck pocket and sending it out here. And Lorne for all his "Wonderful" Advice ;-).

PS, I dont think i will be respraying it Pink, its too damn sexy in black. Maybe when i get a Cheaper NJ model :) The pickups so far sound great, So i am undecided about Emgs as of yet.[/quote]
Love it. What a bass! BTW, who lives in the cage in that room? Cheers Steve

[quote name='beerdragon' post='42999' date='Aug 8 2007, 06:35 PM']What guage string are on that shockwave?[/quote]

Not sure, they came on the bass, Seems like 105 to 45's. I prefer 90 to 30.

[quote name='ARGH' post='43003' date='Aug 8 2007, 06:46 PM']YEAH MAN!!!

Thats got the serious ARGH seal of apppppprrroooovvvvaaaallll!

Love Ironbirds,always remind me of Bolt Thrower.

Do you REALLY wanna get rid of the EMGs?[/quote]

I havent got Emgs, I am considering putting them in the ironbird.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='43005' date='Aug 8 2007, 06:50 PM']Love it. What a bass! BTW, who lives in the cage in that room? Cheers Steve[/quote]

I have a couple of rats, They are very spoilt and have a cage thats built for 10 rather then 2! My new hamster got the other cage, and not pictured is my tank with Crested Gecko Hatchling.

[quote name='douggy' post='43183' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:26 AM']cool bass man , hows the neck dive?

doug[/quote]

Its managable, I am after a nice sticky strap soon :)

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='43191' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:00 AM']That is the nuts, it looks great! Where did you find one you lucky chap? I have been looking too.[/quote]
Took a while dude! Lord knows how much i could get for it in the UK. But yeah, took me a freakin while. :huh: