Why become a member? ×

MTD Kingston Heir 5

d-basser

I bought this a while back from bassbunny: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25482&hl=mtd"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25482&hl=mtd[/url]
Whilst she is lovely I have recently bought a Sei and want to tinker the electronics so have to get some cash together.
Spec'd as said in the link,

35"scale
MM and J pups (I recently shielded the cavities cause I was bored)
Bartolini pre, the mid switch in particular is great on this

recently strung with mid gauge DR lo-riders, only played a little, nigh on new. and fitted with a Dimarzio 3" cliplock strap for piece of mind and comfort. Will supply with original preamp and strap-buttons as well.

Looking for what I paid: £375 +p&p. or pickup in Glasgow (I am willing to get a train if you are in the central Scotland area but I expect a coffee or pint when I arrive ;)).

I dont have a hard case for this so I can either pack it well with lots of padding, double boxed etc or I can sell you the case I got with my Sei, it is a nice solid rectangular hard case that should keep it safe. £400 +p&p with case.

PM me with questions, not really open to offers or trades unless you have an ACG pre and some Nordstrand 6 string dual coils (or something akin to these, I know it is a longshot), would also maybe consider speaker cabs depending what you got to offer.

[b]SOLD[/b]

Dan

Edited by d-basser

Without taking the mick in anyway, i have wanted one of these for soooo long, *i think i may have winged on to Mike about this at one point so he should be able to back me up* but he'd probably also back me up on the fact i can't stand sunburst finishes.... but god damn that maple board *drool* ..... if i can convince the guys at work to spray paint the body white you may be on

I have owned more great basses than I care to admit to publically (Sei, US + Korean Lak, US MTD etc [I have issues!]) The Korean MTD is the most comfortable bass I have ever owned. The neck is a dream. It is as light as a feather. If I could think of a way of justifying this I would, but I am slowly calming down. I no longer own all the aforementioned basses but do own and use regularly my Korean MTD. I cannot say too many good things about these.

[quote name='d-basser' post='398402' date='Feb 2 2009, 10:11 PM']I love this bass too but I am six string man at the moment .........[/quote]

You cannot beat a good bottom F#!

Edited by owen

[quote name='owen' post='398392' date='Feb 2 2009, 10:05 PM']I have owned more great basses than I care to admit to publically (Sei, US + Korean Lak, US MTD etc [I have issues!]) The Korean MTD is the most comfortable bass I have ever owned. The neck is a dream. It is as light as a feather. If I could think of a way of justifying this I would, but I am slowly calming down. I no longer own all the aforementioned basses but do own and use regularly my Korean MTD. I cannot say too many good things about these.[/quote]
+1

Had two of these two years ago and sold them on for 34" scale 5 string basses instead. But I still miss them especially the 2 p/u model like this one. The playability of these basses is unbelievable and the definition on the low B is excellent.. better in fact than the Lakland DJ5 Skyline I had which cost nearly 3 times as much..

Anyway, just wanted to chime in with my 2p worth.. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='alexlotta' post='398519' date='Feb 3 2009, 12:28 AM']Tasty stuff,if they would be 34"(damn my short hands) i would snap one of them ,i'm sure they are far more than worth for the price .
.. also the action look really awesome from the first pic.
Here in italy they are insanely high on price actually.[/quote]

Short hands shouldnt be a problem, I seriously have tiny hands but I play a Dinwall six string, the low B on that is 37"

[quote name='d-basser' post='400522' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:02 PM']CURRENTLY ON HOLD[/quote]
So is it coming back to Manchester? ;)

Stunning Bass and the Bart pre-amp is really useful with the switchable Mid's.
If Marvin wasn't such a fantastic Bass I would have this back in a flash.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='400533' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:17 PM']So is it coming back to Manchester? ;)

Stunning Bass and the Bart pre-amp is really useful with the switchable Mid's.
If Marvin wasn't such a fantastic Bass I would have this back in a flash.[/quote]
Should be back in Manchester next week.

Can't wait!

Edited by RayFW

[quote name='RayFW' post='400596' date='Feb 5 2009, 12:54 AM']Should be back in Manchester next week.

Can't wait![/quote]
You won't be disappointed Ray. Saw your posting on Items Wanted and was about to offer you my Spector Euro 5, then thought about turning you on to this beauty. Before i could send the PM, you'd bagged it.