steve

Unnamed fretless 6 string
£200
Radcliffe, Manchester

I’m selling my fretless 6 string as I’m switching to electric guitar. It’s passive, and has actually got a lovely mwah going on.

IMG_2397.JPG.e051d8e17a3b4a86cdedb1e45646a3d7.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG.7bfd109a5cddfa5ec76e77bb007e9b3a.JPGIMG_2401.JPG.c2eef52212f5fb59b9e331e585f71353.JPGIMG_2397.JPG.006aeeaba8ec69b73dd0005bbd4f114e.JPGIMG_2395.JPG.1fead86369fc39b01951cef688fc8ae3.JPG

I would be happy to consider trades/px for guitars (not basses) or guitar amps, and could put cash towards if needs be.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2020 at 09:37, therealting said:

Looks like a lot of bass for the money!

Yeh, it actually is. It would be great for someone wanting to give fretless ERBs a try.

One sixer out of 38 for sale on BassChat !!!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sumatra said:

Do you know what is the scale of the bass, and the weight?

Hi, it’s 34 inch scale length, i’ll have to get back to you with an exact weight, but it’s a super light bass.

thanks!

Guess not, but I try anyway: any clue on pu and electronics brand/model.. ?

Always worth asking, but I’m sorry, I’m completely in the dark as far as identification is concerned. Whatever they are, they sounded more than reasonable to my ears.

Btw, the dot markers on the side of the neck are positioned for a fretted bass, but the neck has never been cut for frets.

Yep but that's quite normal, seen the same on other basses that were born fretless

was courious about the neck wood? it's a bit dark to consider standard maple, but probably this information as well is missing right?

Edited by Sumatra

Looks like an old school Shine/ Harley Benton from back before Thomann took control of the ship. I remember seeing these all over eBay under a bunch of different names back in the day.

This is a guess though. I had a Shine in trans black which looked very similar. Nothing wrong with it at all.

34 minutes ago, Sumatra said:

Yep but that's quite normal, seen the same on other basses that were born fretless

was courious about the neck wood? it's a bit dark to consider standard maple, but probably this information as well is missing right?

It’s definitely not maple, the colour is much darker. I couldn’t say what it is though

25 minutes ago, soldersqueeze said:

Looks like an old school Shine/ Harley Benton from back before Thomann took control of the ship. I remember seeing these all over eBay under a bunch of different names back in the day.

This is a guess though. I had a Shine in trans black which looked very similar. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Thanks for your insight 😊👍

3 hours ago, steve said:

It’s definitely not maple, the colour is much darker. I couldn’t say what it is though

The neck wood is almost certainly maple. The grain and flaming give it away.

The fretboard looks to rosewood but I could be wrong.

It could help to list the string spacing at the bridge as it looks very tight - in fact it doesn't look to deviate much from nut to bridge...

GLWTS 

Edited by dyerseve

37 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

The neck wood is almost certainly maple. The grain and flaming give it away.

The fretboard looks to rosewood but I could be wrong.

It could help to list the string spacing at the bridge as it looks very tight - in fact it doesn't look to deviate much from nut to bridge...

GLWTS 

Yes, you’re absolutely right, thanks for pointing it out, I read “neck” and was answering with respect to fingerboard 🙄🤯🤦🏼‍♂️. I think you’re on the right track with the rosewood also.

I will sort out string spacing details when I get it weighed. 

A bit more info for anyone interested, weight is 4.3kg

string spacing at bridge is 78mm, nut is 45mm