Why become a member? ×

Trades

evilLordJuju

[quote name='joegarcia' post='626872' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:11 PM']Still got that EB-3L? Mmmmmmm. Any idea what they're worth out of interest?[/quote]

Yeah, and i'm 9/10ths of the way through a restoration of a second. Exactly the same but white. I just won the jack plate on ebay, but it seems to be lost in the post :)

As for value... who knows, that's why I prefer trades.

[quote name='Lorne' post='619960' date='Oct 7 2009, 09:00 PM']If it still has the serial number sticker on the rear of the headstock,email the number to me and I'll try and tell you all you need to know about it

[email protected]

Lorne :)[/quote]

Lorne tells me this is a 1983 maple through neck with mahogany wings. Pickups are not original though... anyone got some 80s BC rich pickups available?

Thanks Lorne....

[quote name='joegarcia' post='626872' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:11 PM']Still got that EB-3L? Mmmmmmm. Any idea what they're worth out of interest?[/quote]

There's a nice original '73 EB4-L on ebay Joe, around the £740 mark which is pretty good. I'd be v tempted if I wasn't skint, but I got as far as checking the shipping cost with him - 60 Euros from Ireland (£50-ish?)
(can't access the link here, will edit in in later)

This one?
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1973-Gibson-EB-4L-Bass_W0QQitemZ330366742090QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4ceb646e4a#ht_500wt_1182"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1973-Gibson-EB-4L-Ba...a#ht_500wt_1182[/url]

Looks really nice. Can't afford it until I sell my Sabre unfortunately. Would really like a two pickup version in black though ideally.

• 4 months later...

Bump for 2010... the rics gone, and i've fallen in love with the marshall mercury... so i'll keep that one.

Looking for a JMP era (pref '79) Marshall 4x12 cab... and anything else vintage you have...

Got various Vox, Guild, Gibson basses for trade... an ebony RD Artist, a Candy Apple Red Victory Custom, Hagstrom 8 string bass etc.

Trades for vintage gear only please. Guitar, bass and amps all considered, the older the better.

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='769993' date='Mar 10 2010, 05:32 AM']Bump for 2010... the rics gone, and i've fallen in love with the marshall mercury... so i'll keep that one.

Looking for a JMP era (pref '79) Marshall 4x12 cab... and anything else vintage you have...

Got various Vox, Guild, Gibson basses for trade... an ebony RD Artist, a Candy Apple Red Victory Custom, Hagstrom 8 string bass etc.

Trades for vintage gear only please. Guitar, bass and amps all considered, the older the better.[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmm.... I have a late 70's JMP cab. I'd kind of decided to keep it but may well be persuaded to part with it as I have too many 4x12's really anyway. Very interested in Guilds and RD's, particularly black ones.

Linky here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=76684"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=76684[/url]

It currently has Vintage 30's in but I still have the G12t-75's.

• 4 weeks later...

April bump...
sorry I didn't respond to the above posts, I was sort of expecting pms, and didn't check the thread.

Currently looking to trade any of the following Gibsons

1971 black EB3L (refin)
1971 white EB3L (refin)
1978 black RD artist
CAR Victory Custom
1964 EB0
1971 SB400

also
2009 Epi Tbird pro
1967 Hagstrom 8 string bass
1977 Guild B302F

Really only interested in pre 1982 stuff (although later Gibson basses may also move me) - guitars, basses, amps anything
Sorry trades only... I don't sell stuff.

In particular I want:
Ampeg V4B
WEM amps
Gibson bass amps (sixties and seventies only)
Marshall JMP 4x12 cab (late seventies)
Fender Bassman cab (early seventies)

Basses and guitars by Vox, Gibson, Fender, Hagstrom, Guild, Hofner, Rickenbacker

Will only meet up - prefer not to trade by post.

[quote name='cocco' post='793866' date='Apr 1 2010, 10:24 PM']What are you after for the rd artist?[/quote]

Well, the title of this thread is "I want every bass ever made (pre 1982)".

Having said this, i'm mostly interested in American stuff - don't really go for Jap stuff, but there are a few European brands I also like. I am slowly working my way through them all.. keep them for a year or two, play them out, maybe record with it. Take a few photos for my websites ([url="http://www.flyguitars.com"]www.flyguitars.com[/url] and [url="http://www.vintageguitars.org.uk"]www.vintageguitars.org.uk[/url]) and then swap them for something else.

This RD is not in perfect cosmetic condition... it has quite a few dings, and paint wear on the back of the neck... but it is in full working order with all original electronics functioning perfectly. I know these are quite saught after, and i'm not going to let it go for something I don't really want... this is the one that you all enquire about, so i'll wait for something that really moves me. I also feel that these are rising in value faster than most other Gibson basses, so it would be one to hang on to unless the offer was right.

I am open to offers of all kinds, but I can say now that anything by Fender, Gibson, Guild, Gretsch or Vox would get serious consideration. Passive basses vastly preferred to active, but guitars and valve amps also wanted.

I had three RD Artists, and I swapped one with Shaggy for an old (UK built) Vox teardrop guitar... and i'm keeping my CMT

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='793507' date='Apr 1 2010, 05:12 PM']Currently looking to trade any of the following Gibsons

CAR Victory Custom

In particular I want:

WEM amps[/quote]

Well Jules, If you'll do a straight swap of your Victory Custom for my WEM Clubman combo (2 careful owners, never gigged, still got its see-through plastic cover) I'll stick it under my arm & hitch from Edinburgh to MK tomorrow! :)

You wouldn't, would you? :rolleyes:

Jon.

Thanks for the replys.

I've already got a WEM clubman (great little amps by the way, I love them) and have sold on both my Grabbers.

I'm looking for stuff that's new to me - obviously you guys don't know what gear i've already been through so thanks for the offers anyway.

I love the handle!!

Not in the premier division but I acquired a Vesta f-Jazz copy It has a fender ashtray bridge cover and in very good order.
I have read a lot of comments regarding quality value etc. You seem to know your stuff all I can tell is, I have played a pukka Jazz and this and although the feel and sound is better the Vesta is very comparable.
Whats your (or anyones else's take)

Thanks guys there is so much Knowledge out there
Ssh Don't tell my good lady but I am looking for a short-scale preferably EBo or similar :)

[i]"in my opinion you can stick your twitter and facebook lets just stick with the bassbook the only forum that rocks"[/i] :rolleyes:

Edited by Bassyoldgit