Why become a member? ×

Loading toneprints onto a TC BH head

Soledad

Had a 250 a while ago and rated the onboard Chorus toneprint quite highly. Just got a 550 with 2 toneprint slots, pedal etc so all good n promising.
Basically - can't load toneprints (so far). Got the App on an iPhone, Toneprint 1 selected (LED lit) on amp, bass volumes up full, select print, beam.... nada. Also irritatingly I can't quit the beaming - it just keeps trying and there's no quit or back on the app screen. The app is trying to beam but the amp isn't getting the package (that's how it seems).
Next I'll try USB amp to Mac and check firmware/software updates.
The TC site seems a bit rickety - there are links around the site taking you to tutorial on Toneprints and the link goes to an error page (this happens on all the various in-site links I have tried so far). All the community user tips etc seem to relate to toneprinting onto one of their pedals, not an actual amp head.
I'd be happy to synch head to Mac and do the 2 prints I want via USB from site (assuming that works) but can't find where on the site to do that.

HELP - anyone got this toneprint to amp head thing working??

Hi Again

A couple of things to try. I know it may seem odd, but have you got the volume on your phone turned up high? Make sure you keep the phone speaker right up against the pick up that you have the volume up on.

Also, have you got the most up to date App? The most up to date app seems to be working fine and the beaming stops after the package is delivered. You can also skip the beaming wizard which saves time.

Hope you get it sorted!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grandad said:

Have you got the manual?

Thanks @grandad and @jimmy23cricket. The manual I have is downloaded from the TC site. It's a 23 pager for the 550 and 800. It has some info about toneprint but nothing I can find about downloading via USB. (see pic) On P20 there is a link to 'toneprint-bass' but (as usual on this site) it goes to a failed page, the site doesn't recognise the URL. I'll try this link on a tablet running Chrome, cos my mac runs Safari and it has been known for sites to not be optimised or de-bugged for Safari... 👎

Did have phone volume up high, back pup on a Jazz on full, toneprint channel 1 selected LED lit. Happy to try again but would like to work out how to do them via USB anyway.

Re the app, I downloaded it about 6 months ago (when I had the 250) but this is the first attempt to use it. I'll try and check version or just delete and re-load from App Store.

I only probably want to do this once - just put Chorus on and maybe delay or flange (fretless nonsense).

Great amp jimmy23 - very happy and will get the sound, just like to get all the toys out :)

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 13.09.16.png

Are you trying to load the bass amp specific toneprints or just the regular pedal ones? The ones for the BH amps are called "Toneprint Bass Amps", click on this then you get a selection of compatible effects which is limited but still pretty good for free. The regular ones don't work on the amp.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Thanks 1

What phone are you using? If one of the newer iPhones make sure you use the earpiece and not the speakers at the bottom. This caught me out when i got my first TP pedal and had an 8plus. 

I also had issues using a Boss WL-20 as it has a cable tone feature that cuts the top end and stops it working. Appreciate this isnt the case here, just thought I'd mention it. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Thanks 1

I had a similar problem with my iPhone XR, and managed to overcome it by using headphones and holding one ear of those at my pickup rather than the phone itself. Strangely, that problem has since gone away. I don't know if it's a TC app update, IOS update or just pot luck!

• Thanks 1

SORTED - Happy Christmas all :)
Well Christmas morning, what else is there to do?

Found and downloaded the Toneprint Editor onto my Mac, synch'd the head and Mac via USB... hey presto (like what you put on prasta).

So I'm currently running one of the Chorus and a Zen phaser, which happens to complement a pick sound really well, quite 90s but so what.

Having loads of fun with the fretless through this head now - has a really good flat sound and the EQ is 'substantial', liking the split mids (hi and lo). Touch of chorus and we are off. It's a very good chorus for bass, I have a Boss (CEB5?) but don't need it with this. The phaser is a bit mad but handy for upper-register fretless mullarky.

So, thanks for all the help above... back to it 👍👍👍

• Like 2