Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Ltd Ed

warwickhunt

This isn't a feeler, I am putting a few basses up for sale but haven't fixed a price as yet for any.

1990 Streamer Fretted
Birds Eye Maple (not just top, complete wings)
Ebony board (factory)
Bartolini soapbar pups
MEC Preamp (Vol/Pan/ Bass/Treble)

£1500 / 1600 Euro / $2100

'Interesting' trades will also be considered.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='388059' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:51 PM']gah OK ...I have the cash. I just need to fail to resist the urge, again[/quote]

Your car could drive itself to my house by now Andy. ;)

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='388115' date='Jan 21 2009, 11:47 PM']PMd[/quote]

Replied

As with the other basses that I have for sale I've had a lot of interest and interesting offers. I don't want to dick about and mess people round but I'm trying to firm up/confirm one or two offers of sales. However I do have to stress that these sales aren't because I'm suddenly destitute so I'm not giving any basses away. Luke may well have advertised his Stage I bass @ £600 but I'm not selling my fretless as cheaply (no disrespect Luke :P ) and my Ltd Ed bass is into 4 figures which may at least settle the matter for a few people. Cheers for all of the PMs and I'll sort this shortly but in the meantime there's no harm in keeping offers coming. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='388899' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:05 PM']Price added and more pics available upon request. ;)[/quote]

So what's the deal with all this selling? Do you have your eye on something else? Had enough of Warwicks?

Will you change your name to "Sadowskyhunt" or something? :) :P

Edited by rjb

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='388176' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:37 AM']As with the other basses that I have for sale I've had a lot of interest and interesting offers. I don't want to dick about and mess people round but I'm trying to firm up/confirm one or two offers of sales. However I do have to stress that these sales aren't because I'm suddenly destitute so I'm not giving any basses away. Luke may well have advertised his Stage I bass @ £600 but I'm not selling my fretless as cheaply (no disrespect Luke :P ) and my Ltd Ed bass is into 4 figures which may at least settle the matter for a few people. Cheers for all of the PMs and I'll sort this shortly but in the meantime there's no harm in keeping offers coming. :)[/quote]

Hi guys
A new streamer has a list price of over 3 grand.
My blue one 1991 one was listed at £600 as that is what I paid for it, off of warwickhunt, six months ago.
For the life of me I do not feel my one, or this one are worth as little as 600; I did feel it wrong however, to make a profit at the expense of someone else on this board and that is why my blue one was/is as cheap as it is. Thats my ethics or my stupidity and not what a early warwick stage one is worth!

Warwickhunt is an honest, helpful and great guy to deal with. And he has some great basses for sale at good prices.
Get your PM's to him now! ;)

[quote name='rjb' post='388904' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:08 PM']So what's the deal with all this selling? Do you have your eye on something else? Had enough of Warwicks?

Will you change your name to "Sadowskyhunt" or something? :angry: :)[/quote]

:huh:

Tbh a year or two ago it was a bit sad as I got to the point where my personal crusade (spanning 20+ years) to find the best of the best from Warwick led to me starting to collect Warwicks for the sake of being able to say that I had more than anyone else! ;) However, after holding a friend together after a near fatal motorbike crash the status of owning stuff has kinda lost its appeal and owning a particular bass doesn't mean much anymore.... I can sound like a bag of shyte on most basses. :P

This epiphany has allowed me to kind of settle on the amp & cab that I have at present and virtually any of the basses that I have will give me a decent tone, so I'm going to keep a couple of the less luxurious models and just have a dabble with a few basses bought from the 'pot' that I will have from these sales.

Sadowsky you say... hmmm!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='388919' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:22 PM']Hi guys
A new streamer has a list price of over 3 grand.
My blue one 1991 one was listed at £600 as that is what I paid for it, off of warwickhunt, six months ago.
For the life of me I do not feel my one, or this one are worth as little as 600; I did feel it wrong however, to make a profit at the expense of someone else on this board and that is why my blue one was/is as cheap as it is. Thats my ethics or my stupidity and not what a early warwick stage one is worth!

Warwickhunt is an honest, helpful and great guy to deal with. And he has some great basses for sale at good prices.
Get your PM's to him now! ;)[/quote]

Hey cheers Luke.

I hope you know that I wouldn't have been offended if you'd asked more for your bass but I suppose it is the kind of person you are that you punted it back out for what you got it for. :P

So are 'you' going to be getting the bass that you had your eye on then? :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='388927' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:31 PM']:huh:

Tbh a year or two ago it was a bit sad as I got to the point where my personal crusade (spanning 20+ years) to find the best of the best from Warwick led to me starting to collect Warwicks for the sake of being able to say that I had more than anyone else! :P However, after holding a friend together after a near fatal motorbike crash the status of owning stuff has kinda lost its appeal and owning a particular bass doesn't mean much anymore.... I can sound like a bag of shyte on most basses. :)

This epiphany has allowed me to kind of settle on the amp & cab that I have at present and virtually any of the basses that I have will give me a decent tone, so I'm going to keep a couple of the less luxurious models and just have a dabble with a few basses bought from the 'pot' that I will have from these sales.

Sadowsky you say... hmmm![/quote]

Ah, I see. Well why not? There's plenty out there to try! ;)

You'll be pleased to know John that with reference my previous post I have actually won the lottery!

So will £10 do it then?

;)

Beautiful btw.

Sorry to hear about your mate. As you know I've been a biker most of my life and it's given me many moments of truly memorable times but when it bits back it can bite hard.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='389322' date='Jan 23 2009, 09:49 AM']You'll be pleased to know John that with reference my previous post I have actually won the lottery!

So will £10 do it then?

;)

Beautiful btw.

Sorry to hear about your mate. As you know I've been a biker most of my life and it's given me many moments of truly memorable times but when it bits back it can bite hard.

Peter[/quote]

Thanks for the sentiments Peter. I wasn't trying to bring the thread down or go for the sympathy vote by mentioning my friend Carol, it was just as a way of clearing the air in case someone thought I was just trying to 'off-load' basses. :P
Oddly enough Carol is pretty chipper despite having 1.5 legs and has been in the papers a bit lately due to her fund raising for the Air Ambulance, it has even led to a bit of modelling work :huh: and she's a very positive person 'because' of the accident.

[quote name='dazco' post='389396' date='Jan 23 2009, 10:41 AM']PM'd[/quote]

Cheers and replied to. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='388176' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:37 AM']Your car could drive itself to my house by now Andy. ;)[/quote]

Hmmmm yeah that's true... or at least was. I have a new car since the end of last week. I reckon it needs to know the route too.

You know me mate I *love* the Warwicks! each of them is a thing of beauty, ...it's like art for me. I want them all.

Dammit

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='390075' date='Jan 23 2009, 11:15 PM']Hmmmm yeah that's true... or at least was. I have a new car since the end of last week. I reckon it needs to know the route too.

You know me mate I *love* the Warwicks! each of them is a thing of beauty, ...it's like art for me. I want them all.

Dammit[/quote]

Go on, you may as well take it... I promise not to tempt you with another one when you get here. ;)