Why become a member? ×

Traded***FS - poss trade - Fender Japan Precision Bass - Traded****

King Tut

Lovely Japanese Precision. This has an 'E' serial so is quite an early one (84 - 87) although I don't know the exact year. All the parts are original with the exception of the tone capacator (I think I still have the original one though), and the scratchplate. I have what I believe to be the original scratchplate, although it's not much use as it's been painted black!!

It has been professionally set up by Andy Viccars - including a fret dress, so it's playability is nice.

There are some knocks and dinks which I have tried to photograph. The bigger ones have been coloured in so they don't look so obvious. The pickup covers are heavily scratched through heavy plectrum use although this hasn't photographed too well. There was a chip in the back of the neck - near the headstock, but this has been filled - again by Andy Viccars - so it can be seen but not felt.

Higher res pics, or pics of anything specific available on request.

Collection from Milton Keynes or could meet at a Railway Station between Euston and Birmingham New Street.

As an early Japanese model, I believe this is likely to appreciate in value as it's collectability increases.

It's a nice player with a deep solid sound and no obvious dead spots. The nut width is 1 & 6/8" which I believe makes it a 'B' neck. I'm only letting this go as I have one of Beedster's old precisions (74/78) and a really nice SQ squire - both Sunburst, and a Black Japanese PJ - so having four is just plain greedy!!

I'm looking for £400 or would consider a trade for a 4 string warwick - but I'd have to be able to try the warwick out first.

Would prefer not to post, but would at a push - don't ask me to drive for a meet up unless you'll pay the petrol ;)

Edited by King Tut

Mr Tut....

Love these basses and if I could find somewhere for it I would have it...got 3 Fenders already

Have a bump on me....

Take it from me BCers these early Jap basses are fantastic. I already have one with the original white scratch plate and they play fantastic. They are light and punchy, great straight neck and the tone is superb. Kept original and I agree they are going to be even more collectable than ever...£400 is a good price...

Good luck with the sale....

[quote name='King Tut' post='384203' date='Jan 18 2009, 05:49 PM']Yeah it's the one from Bristol - just needed some TLC! It's a good player as well, as I'm sure fatboytoo will agree, now he's the proud owner!![/quote]

Agreed!! It's a little beaut!! Many thanks and good to meet you and the Flies....!