Why become a member? ×

End Of A Basschat Era

Happy Jack

On 5th November 2011, the fourth line-up of The Junkyard Dogs took to the stage, playing the George IV in Chiswick. There was Rick on vocals & slide guitar, Paul the Drums (known to many from SouthEast BassBashes), @Happy Jack on bass, and our newest recruits @MacDaddy on lead guitar and @Silvia Bluejay on photography. The new line-up suddenly became the closest thing there was to The Basschat Band.

Eight years and 24 days later (and over 200 gigs later too) we played our final gig with that line-up, fittingly enough at the George IV in Chiswick ... it just panned out that way. By now Silvie and I have married, of course, and Silvie has become our sound engineer and videographer, but apart from that nothing has changed - except that we've got better. 9_9

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, SICbass said:

Forgive my obtuseness. Aren’t you the bass player?

I would say yes, which means Si must be the lead guitarist, and also be MacDaddy on here, and wants to focus on bass more rather than lead guitar. Which just leaves the issue of the missing drunk punter, presumably deceased at the hands of Sylvie for asking if she could put a song on for them. 

20191130_131949.jpg.178f7838d9392931a51f5dec31c25741.jpg

• Haha 1