Why become a member? ×

Best 'Find a Band' Website?????

bubinga5

I've been happy enough with [url="http://www.formingbands.co.uk/site/index.php"]http://www.formingbands.co.uk/site/index.php[/url] . It costs me £2.50 per month (or something) so basically the cost of a pint to stay visible.

I get (on average) an invitation every other month, and at least half of those invitations are serious ones from appropriate people. The Search facilities are excellent.

Similar threads here on BassChat have produced maybe another three or four sites to try. One by one I've tried them all and then deleted them from My Favourites because they just haven't worked for me.

I successfully joined two bands using MusoFinder.co.uk and get half a dozen messages a year from people looking for a bassist (and that's just people searching profiles without me putting out a 'Wanted' ad).

The basic service is free (which is what I use). You can pay a subscription if you want to plug yourself as a true Professional or Tutor, for that you get higher profile Wanted ads and some extra features.

[quote name='peted' post='381349' date='Jan 15 2009, 02:49 PM']I successfully joined two bands using MusoFinder.co.uk and get half a dozen messages a year from people looking for a bassist (and that's just people searching profiles without me putting out a 'Wanted' ad).

The basic service is free (which is what I use). You can pay a subscription if you want to plug yourself as a true Professional or Tutor, for that you get higher profile Wanted ads and some extra features.[/quote]

I've seen MusoFinder rated very highly by several other people but I just can't seem to get anything useful out of that site. ;) I guess it's me pressing the wrong buttons.

I used formingbands.co.uk

Went with a one off payment (£1.50 or so) that gave me like 14 days to have a search, wasn't interested in the monthly.

Found the band that I'm in now, I also came across a fare bit of drift though. Including someone that fancied themself a lot & after some contact I got my hands on some mp3s, result.... :P

Not saying different sites attract different types & abilities etc. Just wanted to voice my experience. ;)

[quote name='Galilee' post='382263' date='Jan 16 2009, 12:25 PM']Sounds like some enterprising individual needs to set up a consolidation site for these things. Compare the best prices for bass players, from all these different suppliers, in one place, that kind of thing.[/quote]

I'm currently working on a comparison site comparison site. "Do you have time to compare comparison sites? Let us do it for you," etc.