Why become a member? ×

(EX KINKS..?) Trace Elliot GP11 and RA500 in Leeds

tonewheelkev

[size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]Acquired these two around 18 months ago, for use in an ELP tribute band, :) and never got around to using 'em. :P

The story......and there's ALWAYS a story.......is that this setup travelled the world with 'The Kinks', ...must have been mid 80's through 90's...? On return to UK, was stolen...then recovered, and hung around in store until I got it. [u]If anyone out there can help confirm (....or refute) this, then please let me know!![/u]

A substantial...and HEAVY....piece of kit, I have renovated/cleaned all contacts.....and by cracky....it sounds magnificent!!

Oh....and have built it into a sturdy covered ply sleeve, as can be seen.

Have the feeling that it is a very early model.....due to low handwritten serial numbers, and construction.

Hoping that someone out there can tell me more.....?? ;)

[i][b]Call (0113) 2748112 or call/text mob. 07929 882773[/b][/i]

Kev/Leeds[/font][/size]
[attachment=18628:DSCN0196.JPG][attachment=18629:DSCN0203.JPG]

Edited by tonewheelkev

Wow, that's a golden oldie... from the days when you could listen to two notes blindfolded and say "yup, that's a Trace..." ;)
An oldie but v.goodie. I'd have thought a diehard Mark King fan would snap it up in seconds.

Wow!

Thats some old Trace gear! Looks like a MkIII or IV - as noted by Trace N Bass, older than the popular MkV range (which was imho the best range they did). Trace used to write the serial numbers on their gear - my MkV rig was covered in pen! The person to contact would be Jim Rodford who played with The Kinks - I might be able to contact him through a mate of mine...

• 2 weeks later...