Why become a member? ×

SOLD Korg G5 for sale

I need to fund new pedal purchases so it's out with the old again:

[b]*SOLD* Korg G5 + Exp. pedal + PSU + Manual - £185 shippe *SOLD*[/b]
One of the holy trinity of synth pedals, tracking is unbelieveably good. 11 different base waveforms, each can be shaped using the on-board low-pass filter, 9 memory settings to store your favourite creations. The octave down waveforms in particular sound huge. This unit is in excellent condition. Included exp. pedal controls filter cut-off.

[b]*SOLD* Boss CEB-3 Chorus - £35 shipped *SOLD*[/b]
No box, no instructions, couple of little chips out of the paint on the top, otherwise v. good nick.

[b]*SOLD* DOD 490 'Phasor' - £65 shipped *SOLD*[/b]
Thickest phaser I've ever heard, works better than most on bass, much thicker than the Small Stone or Phase 90, really gloopy! This is a '70s pedal so it looks a bit battered, but all the knobs, switches and sockets are in perfect working order, there's no scratches, crackles or pop noises when using it. There is currently only one screw (of four) still holding the base plate in place but the other three could be replaced easily enough.

[b]*SOLD* EHX Bass Micro Synth + power supply - £115 shipped *SOLD*[/b]
Older style stainless steel case, not the new aluminium XO model. A few surface scratches (picked up from jack plugs while re-wiring, unavoidable with these types of EHX cases really) but apart from that it's in excellent condition. Never been stomped on - I've always had it in a loop. With box, instruction sheet and power supply. Still my favourite pedal but pedalboard space issues mean I'm trading up to the new, smaller one.

[b]*SOLD* Robot Factory Pulse Synth - *SOLD*[/b]
Analogue synth which tracks your notes and replaces your bass sound with a variable-duty pulse wave, producing a sound somewhere between the G-Funk bass sound and a B-movie laser weapon. Duty cycle can be set using the Pulse and Shift knobs, Speed + Depth set LFO modulation, Sense allows envelope control over LFO speed, 'Fuzz' is a separate Tone control for when the LFO modulation is switched off (the designer calls this setting 'Pulse Fuzz' mode). The left-hand footswitch is a momentary switch to enable/disable the LFO modulation (temporarily switching between "Synth" and "Fuzz" modes - the flicky switch on the left sets whether it's in Synth or Fuzz mode by default). It's a great unit that always turns heads and I'm quite sad to be selling it.

To order one new from Robot Factory would cost in the region of £250, and this is the only one I'm aware of in the UK (maybe the only one in the world with the secondary footswitch function - that was a bespoke request), but I have to concede it's a bit of a marmite pedal. As such, I'm open to offers on this one.

Requires a 9v power supply (not included), no battery clip.

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='Merton' post='381315' date='Jan 15 2009, 02:25 PM']I'd love it but can't afford it! Is it a G5 on the bassline of Twisted (Everyday Hurts) by Skunk Anansie?[/quote]

I don't know. It certainly could be.

I mean yes! Yes, it's a G5, that. It might be this one. I bought it off that bloke who used to play for Skunk Anansie. Wossisname. Y'know, with the eyes.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='383047' date='Jan 17 2009, 10:19 AM']Is the unit generally capable of a wider variety of sounds than the sort of envelope/fuzz type sounds in this clip? Can it do moog and taurus sounds too?[/quote]

Wow, that sounds awful!

I'll knock up some sample clips later if I have time, but I think the girlfriend is going to make me do housework today. ;)

Edit: Sorry, to answer your question: No it's nowhere near as sophisticated as a Taurus - it's basically pick a waveform, add the filter.

Edited by thisnameistaken