Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 115 Cab £SOLD on Ebay

Rowbee

New thread started as everything else Ashdown has now gone.

This is the ABM 115 which was upgraded by Ashdown with a brand new, much more expensive British made [b]400w neodymium speaker[/b] from their Classic range and also comes with an Ashdown vinyl cover (which alone costs £36 plus postage on the Ashdown website).

This cab rocks - it's [b]LOUD[/b] and very lightweight but I'm selling it to fund other purchases.

ABM 115 Neo £175

My camera skills still leave a lot to be desired, the cab looks sooo much better than in the photos.

Please check my feedback for complete confidence in me as a good seller.

I also don't mind travelling within reason to meet the buyer.

Edited by Rowbee

I'm not sure without putting it on some scales (which I will try and do tonight) because it would be different to a standard ABM cab - check the Ashdown website for the weight of a standard. I would say however, that I used to own a Trace Elliot 1x15 and it took two of my band to carry most of the time, whereas even before this cab had the speaker replaced I could carry it easily on my own. Now that the speaker has been replaced it feels even lighter and is EASY to carry on my own and I'm not exactly a big fella!

Can only endorse what Rob says about the pictures - I bought his 210 cab and it looks so much nicer in the flesh than it did in the pictures - and it was the older of the two cabs as well. This guy obviously looks after his gear.

I am certainly NOT having second thoughts about having chosen the 210 over the supercharged 115. Absolutely none at all. Not one. Hmm, hmm, not me. Top of the range speaker in the pro series cab PLUS a cover, for the price of a new MAG?....

Well, for now I can satisfy myself with getting a proper Ashdown vinyl cover for the cab (and while I was about it a matching one for the combo...) and just sealed the envelope on a cheque for a new black scratch plate on my Jaguar (3 ply, with a white middle to just give a subtle outline...). So that's all the important stuff sorted, right?

It's not really a silly question.

My own stupidity due to inexperience of my new rig having bought it days before a gig along with my bandmates never soundchecking at gig volume caused me to blow the speaker. As Ashdown didn't have any of their Blueline speakers in the country they asked if I would accept a UK made neo instead.

I jumped at the chance!

I'd like to clarify that it works perfectly now and has not been pushed and has only been gigged and rehearsed once since the new speaker was installed.

[quote name='northstreet' post='390462' date='Jan 24 2009, 03:50 PM']PM sent (I think - I'm new to this site)[/quote]

And replied to. Unfortunately it's now on Ebay and finishes around 7-30pm tonight so I'm afraid that if you want it you'll have to bid on it. Damn listing fees! ;)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ashdown-ABM-115-Cab-SUPERCHARGED-with-Ashdown-NEO-400w_W0QQitemZ110339744297QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item110339744297&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ashdown-ABM-115-Cab-...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]