Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='belimad' timestamp='1352214133' post='1860206']
Anyone here know how to contact Deezbar? - I PM'ed him on the Roscoe but he hasn't been online since Nov 2nd.
[/quote]

I've left him a voicemail message and a text. He doesn't come on here much these days as he's a busy man, but with luck he'll get back to you soon.

Hi all, I'm looking to sell my lefty Fender Precision - American Std bass.

Pictures and full details to follow this evening! It's a late 90s model ('98 I think!), will clarify and provide serial number etc this evening as well. Black and white, mint condition, £650. I'm based in Notts so pretty central and happy to drive instead of posting it if the buyer is not too far away!

Cheers,
Jim

[b]Hi thinking of selling my warwick streamer jazzman only thing wrong is iv just broke the selecter swith so will have to get it fixed if anyone is interested its the light ash colour just had new ernie ball strings and set up at musicscene mansfiedl im looking at about 650 or if you want to get the switch yourself 600 iv got to many basses so must get rid of some also got some cheap lefties im selling .No pics yet but will try and sort some shortly .I prefer pickup so you can try it and be 100% happy before you buy.[/b]

[quote name='JamesThorpe' timestamp='1351020257' post='1846351']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bassix Hi-Tech Electric Upright Bass.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]www.bassix.net[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'All models have adjustable bridges, the 'new generation' fully screened bridge foot piezos, optional scroll and Presto nylon wound strings.'[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The bass is in excellent, full working condition apart from a few dings at the side moulding & leg stand joins due to assembly/disassembly. Once assembled these are not viewable. The bass provides an authentic upright tonal representation.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pictures are viewable here: [url="http://s1030.photobucket.com/albums/y365/blinky333/"]http://s1030.photobu...y365/blinky333/[/url][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Comes with the fibre glass body moulding, steel adjustable leg stand & protective carry case.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Originally purchased for £1200, I would like £600 (excluding shipping).[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Located in North-West London.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PM me if interested!

[/font]
[/quote]

Still available!

Hi there,
Long-time reader but first-time poster and I'd like to keep this thread for buying/selling instruments. So if you can point me elsewhere I'll post there. Here goes.
I'm a Lefty but play guitar RH. Have done since my primary school teacher insisted that I don't play the 'wrong way round'. However I recently started playing bass LH.
1) My left wrist is starting to ache after a long gigs playing RH
2) Whilst playing a Chapman stick I found RH fingering easy and my RH on piano is much slicker than my LH
3) My wife, a psychology lecturer told me about mirroring - the fact that when teaching, your pupils respond better if they copy as if from a mirror. i.e. I started to teach my beginner RH students with me playing (rudimentary) LH.
4) I AM LEFT HANDED!

However - The question has come up a few times wether it's worth the hassle for my students to start playing LH. The fact that quality LH instruments are so rare that we foam up like piranhas every time something suitable appears on Ebay suggests that the market is dry, but manufacturers don't seem to see it that way. I went to the bass fair in Olympia 2010 and there were hundreds of RH basses and about a dozen Leftys.
Why shouldn't we just suck it up and play RH. It's what all orchestral players do?

Thoughts please.

Also.

I'm desperate for a good LH headless bass. Or something less than Long Scale. As a guitar player basses seem HUGE! Is there any real issue with short/medium scale basses. I know Macca played a medium scale, and he did ok...

Thanks for your reading and I would love to hear any comments.

A

Ok so here it is, sorry about the slight delay!

Lefty Fender American Std Precision Bass, rosewood board, great condition, never gigged, only one small ding on the front of the headstock (see photo below). Serial number is N8363069 - 1998 model.

Collection welcome (Nottingham / Derby area) or happy to drive (not too far!) and drop it off (happy to split the petrol costs). Don't really want to post as it comes with a Fender gig bag and not a hard case. £650.

Cheers!
Jim

Edited by detox

[quote name='HADGE' timestamp='1352408202' post='1862791']
[b]Hi thinking of selling my warwick streamer jazzman only thing wrong is iv just broke the selecter swith so will have to get it fixed if anyone is interested its the light ash colour just had new ernie ball strings and set up at musicscene mansfiedl im looking at about 650 or if you want to get the switch yourself 600 iv got to many basses so must get rid of some also got some cheap lefties im selling .No pics yet but will try and sort some shortly .I prefer pickup so you can try it and be 100% happy before you buy.[/b]
[/quote]

Man, I am so tempted right now! I just got a Streamer LX5 less than two months ago and I really shouldn't buy one more, but otherwise... If this one was a 5-string too, I just know I wouldn't be able to resist but in this case I think I can :unsure:

Hey leftyj pity you dont live closer you could come round and have a play on it and dont forget i owe you for getting me that rickenbacker of gumtree i dont forget when people do me favours i still owe you mate i wont forget and thanks again for thet ricky.

[quote name='detox' timestamp='1352457240' post='1863248']
Ok so here it is, sorry about the slight delay!

Lefty Fender American Std Precision Bass, rosewood board, great condition, never gigged, only one small ding on the front of the headstock (see photo below). Serial number is N8363069 - 1998 model.

Collection welcome (Nottingham / Derby area) or happy to drive (not too far!) and drop it off (happy to split the petrol costs). Don't really want to post as it comes with a Fender gig bag and not a hard case. £650.

Cheers!
Jim
[/quote]Yum. Tempted.

Trades?

[quote name='andymunro73' timestamp='1352456111' post='1863212']
Hi there,
Long-time reader but first-time poster and I'd like to keep this thread for buying/selling instruments. So if you can point me elsewhere I'll post there. Here goes.
I'm a Lefty but play guitar RH. Have done since my primary school teacher insisted that I don't play the 'wrong way round'. However I recently started playing bass LH.
1) My left wrist is starting to ache after a long gigs playing RH
2) Whilst playing a Chapman stick I found RH fingering easy and my RH on piano is much slicker than my LH
3) My wife, a psychology lecturer told me about mirroring - the fact that when teaching, your pupils respond better if they copy as if from a mirror. i.e. I started to teach my beginner RH students with me playing (rudimentary) LH.
4) I AM LEFT HANDED!

However - The question has come up a few times wether it's worth the hassle for my students to start playing LH. The fact that quality LH instruments are so rare that we foam up like piranhas every time something suitable appears on Ebay suggests that the market is dry, but manufacturers don't seem to see it that way. I went to the bass fair in Olympia 2010 and there were hundreds of RH basses and about a dozen Leftys.
Why shouldn't we just suck it up and play RH. It's what all orchestral players do?

Thoughts please.

Also.

I'm desperate for a good LH headless bass. Or something less than Long Scale. As a guitar player basses seem HUGE! Is there any real issue with short/medium scale basses. I know Macca played a medium scale, and he did ok...

Thanks for your reading and I would love to hear any comments.

A
[/quote]

I have got an Status S2 4 string headless for sale...
How about that?

[/URL]" class="ipsImage" />

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/status034.jpg/][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img802/8827/status034.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by BELA

Still got my warwick streamer for sale if not sold soon got to go to evil bay no pics yet but its very light ash colour new strings just set up at musicscene mansfield plays well looking at £600 only thing wrong i just broke the selecter switch but told its an easy fix .Try it before you buy if you local i also have several cheap lefties for sale only selling as i have 2 warwicks and to many basses.

[quote name='BELA' timestamp='1352489331' post='1863855']
I have got an Status S2 4 string headless for sale...
How about that?

[/URL]" class="ipsImage" />
Hi Bela,ive been playing bass like this for year's with no poroblem's. I must say playing custom left handed basses right handed !!!!! is a crowed puller !!!!!! to say the least I just love playing like this to my all time great player like Geddy Lee, John Paul Jones, and the famous John Entwistle to boot. Im also self taught, cannot read music but play by ear !!!!! like some of the best muso's out there. So keep on PLUCKIN !!!!!!!
[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/status034.jpg/"][/url]
[/quote]

OMG, why are you people doing this to me!?

I swore to myself I wouldn't buy any more 4-strings because I have no use for them in the only band I play in at the moment, and what happens? A beautiful Status S2 and a Warwick Streamer Jazzman pop up.

Damn you all! :lol:

I'm keeping the Sadowsky, but the Nordstrand is still up for sale. Here's a reminder:

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nordstrand Nordy vP5 (vM5)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This beast is basically a vM5 in a vP5 body. This bass is under a year old and it's in immaculate condition. It has a few upgrades:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Satin finished neck.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Matching headstock.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Madagascar rosewood fingerboard.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 2B-MM preamp (vol, bass, treble, like a vintage MM)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Of course it's left handed. Further more:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 1.81" nut width[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- compound radius (9"-14")[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- black hardware[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Schaller straplocks installed[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 7.95 lbs[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 19mm string spacing[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- yellow![/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you'd buy this bass right now, it'd set you back $4050. $500 shipping and taxes make that a grand total of $4550 or a little over 3500 EUR. I'm letting it go for [/font][/color][color=#ff0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]2250 EUR[/b][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]. We'll split the shipping costs within the EU for that price. [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I live in Belgium. Contact me for more info.[/font][/color]

Edited by Musicfreak1988

I’ve decided that my left handed Danelectro DC bass has to go. I’ve got too many basses and as much as I love this bass I’ve got others I love just as much.

Long scale, decent machine heads and bridge and a joy to play. Pretty good condition and a fantastic sound and so light you’d never know you’ve playing it for 2 or more hours. It’s got a few light scratches but not really noticeable as the photos show.

These are getting a bit scarce now as they discontinued them a few years ago.

I’m after £200 collected or £215 posted. PayPal gift, cheque, or cash on collection.

PM me with any questions.

Edited by bertbass

Selling my P bass copy. Cant post any photos via my phone so email me and I will send you some.

The bass is fiesta red with a rosewood fingerboard.It has a Fender decal fitted along with a chrome pickup cover. Will include a gigbag. Looking for £90 + postage.

Cheers.

Edited by sblueplanet