Why become a member? ×

Les Claypools pedals on Mr Oysterhead

cheddatom

[quote name='cheddatom' post='370935' date='Jan 5 2009, 02:28 PM']Really? I thought the blue box was a ring modulator rather than an octave up? It does sound like the octaver on digitechs etc rather than a ring modulator but I await correction.

Are there any sites that detail Les' rig?[/quote]
Can't find any current ones. I've not tried [url="http://www.lesclaypool.com/bullboard/"]this[/url] though. Let me know if you have any luck and I'll chuck it the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28588&hl=geek"]bassgeek[/url] thread.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='371030' date='Jan 5 2009, 03:44 PM']Can you tell what's on that? If so, can you tell me please? Was there somewhere particularly informative where you got the pic?[/quote]

Line 6 DM-4 (Distortion)
Line 6 DL-4 (Delay)
Boss TU-2 (Tuner)
Korg AX3000 (Guitar version of the Multi FX this is where most of his sounds are from.)
Bomerang (Looper)

And finally some of those bass keyboard pedals

I would guess all the silver boxes dotted about are switchers and such, none of them are homebrew pedals.

Les isn't much of a gear freak he used to work for ADA testing there preamps and effects so alot of the early 90's stuff is that ADA bass preamp but that korg multi would get you closest I believe.

[quote name='Toasted' post='378802' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:40 AM']I love his drive sound. But I think it only works at relatively low volume.[/quote]

What do you mean by that? It will sound crap if you turn up the CD in your car? Or if they were louder at gigs? Or.......?

• 14 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...