Why become a member? ×

SOLD TKS 1126 CAB
£450
M5 J23 Somerset

GILLY

Here's a Fabulous 10 month old TKS bass cab in a very classy burgundy tolex, complete with padded cover.  It's a 450w  1x12 and 1x6 rear ported cab(latest spec), beautifully built and sounds amazing.  The recessed handle is sensibly placed on the top to make it a very easy carry.  I built an aluminium frame to sit it on which lifts it by the height of a cab and this is free issue if wanted.  New price with padded cover is £630 for one of these.

I'm happy to drive 30 miles in any direction from J23 M5 near Bridgwater or, at a push, will p&p at cost.  Not trades I'm afraid.

Spec is copy/paste from TKS website:

Small and light, but with impressive lows and a clear mid range, the 1126 offers a tone few other cabinets do, and many bass players using the 1126 have finally found "their" tone. The great dispersion from the 6" speaker doesn't require tilting the cabinet to get clear mids up at ear level, and also spreads mid range clarity evenly across a stage, making more of the bass tone reach the audience and fellow musicians. Even though the 1126 has more mid range than most tweeterless cabinets, it can easily be altered through EQ to give a more "vintage" tone.

Specifications (Specifications explained😞

Impedance: 8 Ω
Power handling (high average power test signal): 450 W RMS
Recommended amplifier power: 250-600W RMS @ 8 Ω
Sensitivity[average]: 94 dB SPL @ 1 W/1 m
Sensitivity[100Hz]: 94 dB SPL @ 1 W/1 m
Sensitivity[max]: 97 dB SPL @ 1,5 kHz, 1 W/1 m
Frequency response (-10db): 33 Hz - 9,2 kHz
Displacement: 496 cm³
Measurements (WxHxD): 52x45x44 cm
Weight: 15 kg

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

Edited by GILLY
typo and added text
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

These cabs are excellent. Built like tanks in Sweden by a very nice chap! This is a lot of cab for the money and a genuine “one cab solution”.

GLWTS!

Yep, I've still got yours and it ain't going anywhere. It's best bass cab i have ever had and I've been through most of the high end stuff. It's a beast. Had lots of comments on how good this sounds. At that price and super cool color it wont be around long. GLWTS

• Like 1

Very tempted by this!

23 hours ago, GILLY said:

Here's a Fabulous 10 month old TKS bass cab in a very classy burgundy tolex, complete with padded cover.  It's a 450w  1x12 and 1x6 rear ported cab (latest spec), beautifully built and sounds amazing.  The recessed handle is sensibly placed on the top to make it a very easy carry.  I built an aluminium frame to sit it on which lifts it by the height of a cab and this is free issue if wanted.  New price with padded cover is £630 for one of these.

Need to add p&p (from Sweden) to that figure of £630 methinks - so the new price is going to be a fair bit more I suspect! 

To answer a couple of PM Qs, I have been driving this cab with an Aguilar AG700 and it thrives on the power; and no, I haven't gigged it but I would be totally confident in its ability as a one cab solution.

Oh, and p&p now included in the price.

• Rich locked this topic