Why become a member? ×

The myrtle-wood bass & the review...

OutToPlayJazz

For those of you who haven't been following the gragantuan Status thread, I've now sold my KingBass & replaced it with a lovely S2-Classic 5-string with a stunning myrtle-wood top. Here are the official pics from Status of the bass & a pic of me collecting it. Also, there's a review of the bass from Performing Musician Magazine (Jan 2009), a copy of which was very kindly sent to me by the magazine editor, as they had it on review the week before I bought it from the Status factory...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='366329' date='Dec 30 2008, 03:40 PM']For those of you who haven't been following the gragantuan Status thread, I've now sold my KingBass & replaced it with a lovely S2-Classic 5-string with a stunning myrtle-wood top. Here are the official pics from Status of the bass & a pic of me collecting it. Also, there's a review of the bass from Performing Musician Magazine (Jan 2009), a copy of which was very kindly sent to me by the magazine editor, as they had it on review the week before I bought it from the Status factory...
[/quote]

So how do you play? With your fist?

Lovely bass mate :) Stunning bit of furniture.

Thanks guys. I took it on a gig & the sound is biblical, very similar to my walnut S2, but the trim pot needed a turn up as it was much quieter. All sorted now, anyway. One little note - Rob Green at Status does all his setups by feel. I measured the string height on both my 5-stringers & would you believe they're both exactly the same height to the millimetre, string for string! There's a craftsman who knows his stuff, eh?

Played the bass again today at a rehearsal & the crystal clear sound with bucket loads of tone cut through just as it should. Nice!