Why become a member? ×

Hello from London

WHUFC BASS

Welcome WHUFC, good to have you on board.

A West Ham fan by any chance? Part time Newcastle fan myself...

You'll find a brilliant community of bass fanatics on here, and answers to every question you will ever ask. (I'm not kidding)

Some nice basses you had there - I used to play a Corvette 5 myself and wish I still had it!

Anyway, have fun and make sure you log in regularly - there will always be something on here to entertain.

Steve

Cheers for the welcome Steve... yes West Ham fan for my sins...I won't mention Newcastle, bit of a sore point at the moment I'd imagine LOL!.

Oh and you're right about the 5-string Corvette. Its the one bass I've vowed never to sell.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

Welcome WHUFC BASS,

From a Stoke fan...... what the hell was Fuller doing slapping Griffin in public?!?!? why couldn't he have waited till after the match?

Good luck for the rest of the season and keep on blowing them bubbles.

Oh by the way, I love the brace of Thunderbirds..... have you still got them?

Mart

[quote name='StevieC' post='365761' date='Dec 29 2008, 08:53 PM']Yes, but you may know that us Newcastle fans are hopeless optimists so we'll win the next one..LOL[/quote]

I think we wrote the book and printed the t-shirts on optimism at West Ham :)

alrght woodenshirt, I was at the game yesterday and couldn't believe what Fuller did. Really did us a favour though and I think you lost the match because of that. Oh well!
Haven't got the Thunderbirds any more, I sold them to buy guitars (I know - sacrilege). They did sound good though.

Good to have a happy Hammer in the club :)

I'm afraid I'm a born 'n' bred Gooner (and season ticket holder) but West Ham have always been a bit of a second team for me and I have a lot of Hammer friends.

Looks like you need to trade one of those nice Jazzes for a US Standard Strat to me - obviously I'm not simply saying this because I happen to have a new one sitting in my garage that never gets played :huh:

Edited by molan

[quote name='Jase' post='365829' date='Dec 29 2008, 10:28 PM']Welcome WHUFC, thanks for the Yamaha BB info :)[/quote]

No probs, glad to be of service!

[quote name='yorick' post='365837' date='Dec 29 2008, 10:37 PM']can i have your precision? :huh:[/quote]

Thats another one that I've had for a while now and probably won't sell. Its now got a replacement Jazz neck and a Kent Armstrong Vintage Hot pickup in it and it sounds the mutts nuts. They're relatively cheap pickups but they sound 100% better than the stock pickups and really capture the precisions sound.

[quote name='molan' post='365906' date='Dec 30 2008, 12:09 AM']Good to have a happy Hammer in the club :huh:

I'm afraid I'm a born 'n' bred Gooner (and season ticket holder) but West Ham have always been a bit of a second team for me and I have a lot of Hammer friends.

Looks like you need to trade one of those nice Jazzes for a US Standard Strat to me - obviously I'm not simply saying this because I happen to have a new one sitting in my garage that never gets played :huh:[/quote]

Season ticket owner?? That's expensive, think of the great basses you could buy with that. I'm also a season ticket holder but a West Ham ST isn't anywhere near as expensive as an Arsenal ST.

As for the trade, now if it was a Les Paul I'd be interested but single coils just don't do it for me. Sorry.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='365967' date='Dec 30 2008, 03:52 AM']Season ticket owner?? That's expensive, think of the great basses you could buy with that. I'm also a season ticket holder but a West Ham ST isn't anywhere near as expensive as an Arsenal ST.

As for the trade, now if it was a Les Paul I'd be interested but single coils just don't do it for me. Sorry.[/quote]

Arse ST is about £1,300 for upper tier, 10 rows from the front on the 18 yard line - second most expensive block. Would only just get me one bass a year and I find the bi-weekly trek to the library somewhat cathartic :)

I'm one of those vaguely rare Arse fans who thinks we shouldn't be spending zillions buying new players all the time and support Wenger's theory of bringing in new young players and letting them find their feet. I also think it's better when we don't cruise to an easy win at every bloody home game - where's the fun in that eh?

I had loads of arguments with fellow Arse fans about the 4-4 with Spurs recently. Absolutely brilliant game to be at with an amazing atmosphere, exactly what I think footy is supposed to be all about. Thing that cracked me up was a couple of mates arguing with me & it turned out they'd left before the end and missed the real fun - a bit like 3/4 of the Spurs fans as it happens!

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='365739' date='Dec 29 2008, 08:32 PM']'allo.

Was on here many moons ago, before it had a face lift. Still playing a bit of bass, but playing a lot more guitar now (sorry.... :huh: )

Still got a few basses though." Up until recently this was my arsenal.... "

[/quote]

Were you an aresenal fan once? :)