PRICE DROP* £1195*

Hiya, I'm new to this so please let me know if I'm breaking any rules. Relisted thanks to a time-waster..

I've had this for ages, but I don't play 4's any more so it needs to go to someone who'll appreciate it more.

For sale (no trades) is my 1988 Warwick thumb bass, 4 string.

This is the holy grail of thumb basses, from Warwick's 'golden era'. It's all original and in excellent condition.

Made in West Germany (see electronics cover), this bass has a solid bubinga body and the proper wenge and bubinga 7 piece neck. The neck shape is the skinny type, not the baseball bat of some modern warwick basses. It still has the original EMG jazz pickups and 2 band preamp - all work perfectly. Frets are original and in great shape (see pictures). Tuners are original Schaller.

Condition is remarkable for a 31 year old bass. There are a couple of scratches as you might expect, bit of buckle rash but no big dents or anything. Please see the pictures showing the edges of the bass and the various hardware etc. The only notable scratch is below the tailpiece (pictured) and some string wear on the pickups (also pictured).

Weight is 4.65kg / 10.25 lbs.

The bass is currently packaged ready to be shipped via UPS courier across the UK, or collection is welcome from Chorley in Lancashire, or from Chadderton in Greater Manchester.

Any questions, ask away.

Thanks for looking, Phil.

20190420_104357.jpg

20190420_104404.jpg

20190602_221910.jpg

20190602_221926.jpg

20190323_173601.jpg

20190323_173716.jpg

20190323_173737.jpg

20190331_101448.jpg

20190331_101336.jpg

20190331_101350.jpg

20190331_101357.jpg

20190331_101411.jpg

20190331_101415.jpg

20190331_101523.jpg

20190331_101529.jpg

20190331_101537.jpg

20190331_101553.jpg

20190331_101608.jpg

20190331_101617.jpg

20190331_101634.jpg

20190331_101653.jpg

20190331_101701.jpg

20190331_101707.jpg

20190331_101712.jpg

20190331_101500.jpg

20190331_101507.jpg

Edited by Phil J
  • Like 6

Gorgeous and fairly local. Sadly it’s too heavy for me. Strange as the only others from that era I’ve played have been fairly light.

Regardless, best of luck with the sale.

Gorgeous and very, very well priced!  Incredible instruments...

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

This is still available, and I have dropped the price to £1195.

Thanks for looking!

Phil

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Acebassmusic
      Various strap buttons and locks for sale. Not quite sure how I came to have singles of some of them but hey ho you never know someone might want them 😊 Condition and with/without screws as shown in the photos. £price plus shipping (approx. £1.50 in the UK)
      1 - £3 – looks like nickel
      2 - £4 – “Allparts style” buttons, looks like chrome - SOLD
      3 - £4 – Schaller straplok strap connector, chrome
      4 - £4 – “Allparts style” buttons, gold colour
      5 - £6 – Dunlop straplok “dual design” buttons – looks like nickel
      6 - £4 - Schaller straplok buttons in black
      7 - £0 – random unknown buttons free to a good home 😊
      8 - £4 – single Dunlop straplock strap connector and recessed insert.
      9 - £4 – “Allparts style” buttons, black
      10 - £0 – random unknown buttons free to a good home 😊 - SOLD
      11 - £7 – pair Schaller straplok strap connectors, gold colour

• By benh
      EMG 40HZ set (passive) taken out of a Spector Rebop 5 I had a while ago. Fully working when removed, reason for removal was installation of active EMGs. Some light wear but nothing major, the HZ part of the logo is slightly more worn than the EMG part. £45 posted (UK), international would be more (can get a quote for any interested parties).
      EDIT: Forgot to mention, unfortunately I don't have the pickup screws for these. SECOND EDIT: Found them!

• By warwickhunt
      Warwick Streamer LX bolt-on - 1997
      That time of the decade for me to have a clear out.
      Solid 2 piece centre jointed Maple body with wenge neck and wenge fingerboard.  Body is in fair condition for 23 years old; a few scrapes, light rash and dings but nothing structural at all, all cosmetic.  Not a baseball bat neck, in fact quite slim with a headstock volute for strength.  Hardware has minimal tarnishing from 23 years of use.  Just over 9lb 2oz in weight.
      MEC pups and pre, all original inc brass JAN I nut (none of those silly plastic jobbies here).  No neck break, no truss rod faults, no electrical issues. 
      Comes with a Warwick gigbag 
      Extras - can swap gigbag to a Generic hard case for £20 extra or a Hiscox case for £40.  

• By warwickhunt
      I 'really' didn't think I'd ever part with this or be without a Thunderfunk (used them for almost 10 years) but I now use one of those new fangled full valve amps from Poland, so this needs to go to a new home.  Comes complete with a shallow Boschma flightcase; please note that this has a slide out perspex cover which I've modified to fir over the DI output pot and as such I've removed the rubber knob.  If you want to you could cut a wider slot in the perspex to accommodate the knob being fitted... I haven't bothered.    This is not a heavy amp for what it is and does, easy one handed lift.  Don't need any amps or cabs but vintage Warwick are always tempting!
      Thunderfunk Bass Amps are the direct descendants of the amp that Jaco Pastorius loved, the legendary AMP BH-420, improved, and handmade in the U.S.A. by Dave Funk.  Quieter than other amps, with TWO great sounding DI's, it's perfect for Studio or TV use.
      The Thunderfunk's tone is achieved by using high quality film caps in the preamp's signal chain... just like a high quality mixing board. Twenty-five times more expensive than electrolytics used in other amps, film cap's tighter tolerances maintain phase coherence through the amp, producing a focused punch unlike any other amp. Add two to three times the filter caps of other amps, you get a round, focused bottom that doesn't roll around the stage but instead projects into the room.
      Dynamic range is a function of power, transient response, and quiet. Thunderfunk purposely doesn't use toroid transformers as they've found they don't sound as good as the old-fashioned "EI" iron. And to reduce hum, they add a "hum-bucking" wire across the transformer to inject hum into the preamp's ground cancelling the radiated hum achieving an amp quieter than an equivalent toroid powered amp. With their unique "SS/Tube Switch" you'll be able to choose from a super clean solid-state tone for slap and double bass playing, to a gutty, warm, tube-tone for all the rest.
      750-watts RMS into 4 Ohms
      "The Switch" with indicator LEDs
      New Mute Switch with indicator LED
      Limiter
      Aural Enhancer
      4-Band Parametric Equalizer
      Timbre Control
      Headphone Jack/Line Out
      Line In
      New Pre-EQ Balanced DI Output
      Post-EQ Balanced Output w/Level Control
      Ground Lift Switch for both XLR's Out
      40,800uF Supply Filter for Deep Response and Increased Mids Clarity
      AC Signal Coupled to Reduce Input Pops
      Pre-EQ Effects Loop
      Post-EQ Effects Loop
      Jacks by Switchcraft and ADC (of Minnesota)
      2-1/4 in. speaker outputs
      2-Speakon outputs +1/-1
      Aluminum Chassis
      Weighs only 17 pounds
      Time Delayed Turn On
      Quiet AC Power Switching
      100/120/220/240v operation
      Quiet and reliable
      Auto-Fan with Backlite!

• By MDWagstaff
      Hi all, 
      For sale here is my Warwick Triumph Lite (Rockbass). It's hardly used but does have a couple of dings which I've included in the photographs. Comes with the body attachments. 
      Looking for £700 (oto) or maybe willing to trade for a similar value Yamaha BB2004 or similar 

Collection from Wigan or can meet within reason.