Why become a member? ×

93-94 Squier P MiJ - Is this right..?

Not sure if this is wrong, but I can't recall ever seeing a sunburst Fender or Squier where the burst isn't continued on the rear. 

I've done a quick search for the serial number and it's correct, I'm just not sure if it's a replacement body..? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392408606474

Screenshot_20190902_152458_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190902_152508_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190902_152513_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I'd be prepared to say it's a genuine MIJ Squier neck - as far as I can see the tuners are the Gotoh GB1types frequently used by Fujigen, would be odd to use them on a stickered-up cheapo. Don't think that 7-screw bridge was ever used on anything associated with Fender though, and the black-back body looks pretty suss - would expect it to be ply.

Bitsa, I'd say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

I'd be prepared to say it's a genuine MIJ Squier neck - as far as I can see the tuners are the Gotoh GB1types frequently used by Fujigen, would be odd to use them on a stickered-up cheapo. Don't think that 7-screw bridge was ever used on anything associated with Fender though, and the black-back body looks pretty suss - would expect it to be ply.

Bitsa, I'd say.

Aye, that's exactly what I was thinking 👍🏻