nige1968

£350 Warwick Streamer STD 5 (Germany)
£399
Hove

main.jpg.cba11397307d762d127b908bb8b6ec4c.jpg

Turns out I really need £350, and how is this German-built five-string two-pickup bass not worth such a paltry amount? Rhetorical question, btw.

Anyway, AYMBA, before the Rockbass thing, Warwick produced these entry-level passive Streamers in Germany. This one is the 5-string, 2-pickup model, built in September 2000. The body is carolena (pine, apparently) and the neck is ovangkol. Natural oil finish and one-piece bridge. Sounds very nice too, though the output seems a bit quieter than most basses -- I understand that's down to the pots used on this model, but haven't got around to replacing them. Proper solid chunky wood, hence 4.2kg / 9.26lb. Comes in a Warwick gig bag ('proudly made with RokTex©'). Some wear and tear to the body if you look closely. Strung low E to high C.

Sorry, no overseas postage. Sensible offers entertained. Not keen to post, but might.

Edited by nige1968
No reason
  • Like 2

I sold mine for much more than this. It’s a bargain. 

You could buy this and fit a decent preamp for less than a new Squier. 

If it was a 4 I’d be on it like a tramp on chips. Loved these back in the day. Had the A4 picture ad from Bassist mag on my wall.

Back on sale at £350 owing to unexpected £350 bill. I am at your collective mercy ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BPWalls
      Hello guys,
      I put on sale this magnifique pre amp. This top gear amp is in mint condition, never giged. All working 100%.
      i have the manuals.
      Shipment possible

• By Basilpea
      Only bought this a few weeks ago, then found an MB2.  Condition is as new in original packing as sent from Germany.  Plays well, it has the original strings supplied but deserves some better ones.  Mirror finish (makes it difficult to photograph).  Thomann's current price is £925
      Can post to UK address for £20.  Collection OK when government guidance permits. 5-String Electric Bass
      Top, sides and back: Maple 4-Piece laminated neck: Maple with ekanga veneer stripes Fretboard: Wenge Fretboard radius: 660 mm Frets: 21 Extra high, nickel silver, jumbo Scale: 866 mm (long scale) Just a Nut III (made from Tedur) Nut width: 45 mm Pickups: Passive MEC Vintage single coils Passive electronics Controls: 2 Volume & 2 Tone 3-Way toggle switch for pickup selection Machine heads: Warwick Bridge: 2-Piece Warwick String spacing: 16.5 mm Distance B to G-string: 66 mm Hardware: Chrome Warwick Security Locks Weight: 3.9 kg Original strings: Warwick RED (42301 M) .045" - .135" Colour: Black solid high-gloss  

Further Information
      Colour Black Soundboard Maple Neck Maple, Ekanga Fretboard Wenge Frets 21 Scale Long Scale Pickup System SS Elektronic Passives

• By jamesbur
      Temporary Price drop to £650 for two weeks, get it whilst its cheap!! (will ship within mainland UK for additional £35)
      I'm somewhat reluctantly selling my Pro series Warwick Star Bass 5 string. This bass is the older model made in Korea (not the current Chinese made Rockbass model) and is 34" scale rather than the current 32" scale basses. The bass is in overall very good condition with a few belt buckle scratches on the back (pictured) but otherwise very clean (the 3/4 pic of the front shows finger-print smears, not scratches!). The bass is finished in high-gloss 'Nirvana black' with cream binding on front and back. The pickups are the standard Warwick chrome plated MEC (the logo has rubbed off the neck pickup a little bit) and the electronics are stock passive with pickup selector switch (neck, both, bridge). There are some minor finish imperfections such as some small marks on the side of the fret-board, etc but these have been present from new. The star bass is a semi hollow-body design with a centre sustain block and a set neck which is glued to the body. The frets on this model are brass (rather than the nickle frets on the newer model). Comes with original Warwick strap-locks (which are ok but not great quality) and original adjustment tools.
      The bass cost me about £1600 new from Thomann a few years back and has been a reliable workhorse, gigged mainly on relatively tame 60's cover band gigs where it fits perfectly in terms of style and tone. Comes with a sturdy Hiscox hardcase (shown in pictures) which on its own cost me well over £100.
      Buyer collects from Norwich (or will meet halfway if within 100 miles of Norwich). Payment on collection with either cash or bank transfer.
      EDIT: Added demo video with audio recorded directly with no compression or EQ. (video at bottom of images)

bass demo-hardware.mp4
    • By Kevsy71
      For sale only, a 2010 Xotic XJ-1T £1300

Full working order. A lovely player for those moving from 4 to 5 string because of the (adjustable) string spacing.
      Specs
      Weight: 4.7 kg
      Nut: 47mm
      String spacing: 19mm, adjustable Xotic A-type bridge
      22 frets with luminlay fret markets - activate with a torch or other light source, and they glow on a dark stage.
      Controls:
      Chrome pots: Volume - Blend - Passive tone Black pots: Active bass/mid/treble Switches for mid and treble centre frequencies Push/Pull Volume for active/passive Push/pull passive tone for Hum Reduction Inducter (a $150 add-on option which works brilliantly!) For other details see here: http://xotic.jp/instruments/basses/xj-series/index_e.html
      (this explains the bass was designed in California, built in Japan, and finished in California!)
      "The production of each high quality Xotic bass guitars begins in our Los Angeles, CA shop where the wood, shape, color, hardware, pickups and all other features are precisely designed for each instrument. Every model goes through an extensive process of R&D to determine which wood, construction and electronics will best serve its envisioned use.
      These exact specifications are then sent to T’s Guitars in Japan. T’s Guitars has an enduring reputation of producing exceptional hand quality instruments in Japan and Xotic has a long and ongoing relationship with them.
      Great attention is paid to picking the finest woods for our bodies and necks and each piece is hand selected.
      Seasoned builders blend old world craftsmanship with modern CNC technology in building each instrument with each step in the process supervised up to Xotic’s meticulous specs.
      Guitars are then shipped to our California shop where our Master Luthier will inspect each instrument. Fretwork is finalized with a fret dress that addresses every facet of the fret surface. Additional setup includes string height, truss rod adjustments and fine-tuning of pickups and electronics. Particular attention is giving to the instruments playability, tone, fit and finish."
      Also see the spec sheet in the photos.
      Cosmetics:
      Excellent condition, I can't find any body marks that would show up on a photo. A few minor scuffs and dings on the headstock.
      History
      I bought it a few months ago in Camden, it appears it has been previously sold on Basschat: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/328027-sold-xotic-xj-1t-5-sold/
      Moving on because I've just bought a Ken Smith and this is far too good for a backup!
      Comes with
      A generic, shabby but operational black hard case
      Manual, stickers etc. per photo
      Payment, collection , delivery
      Payment by BACS please - collection from Tonbridge, Kent (J15 M25) or UK courier at £15.
      Thanks for looking, my feedback in my signature