Jump to content
Left leaderboard
BB2000

Sold - Yamaha BB2000 Fretted (Stain) with Original Case
£1000
Aberdeenshire

Recommended Posts

Excellent condition and in full working order, with original Yamaha hard case (the straplocks are not original - they are dunlops).  I think these are the best basses Yamaha have ever produced (and yes, I've owned all the Yamaha high end basses).  They sound terriffic and are built to last.

 

 

P8051728.JPG

P8051730.JPG

P8051731.JPG

P8051733.JPG

P8051734.JPG

P8051735.JPG

P8051736.JPG

P8051737.JPG

P8051738.JPG

Edited by BB2000
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer some Q's the manufacture date is October '84, and the fingerboard is ebony.  It's made in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The king BB. These are a 'Cadillac' of a bass. Would never sell mine. Someone's gonna get a cracking bass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh My 🐶! I have a '79 BB1200 in the same exact colour and always wanted a matching BB2000...

🔎 I will be keeping a good eye on this post

Edited by Byo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous 😍

Excuse my Yammy ignorance but what’s the nut width on the BB2000? I can’t seem to find any spec online.

Oops. Found it

Edited by Deedee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbu09 said:

The king BB. These are a 'Cadillac' of a bass. Would never sell mine. Someone's gonna get a cracking bass. 

That's for sure.  I have a pair of them, so won't be without one (had one since they came out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Gorgeous 😍

Excuse my Yammy ignorance but what’s the nut width on the BB2000? I can’t seem to find any spec online.

It's 1 and 11/16", or 1/16" under a Fender C width, so it's a wide neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BB2000 said:

It's 1 and 11/16", or 1/16" under a Fender C width, so it's a wide neck.

Many thanks, yes just found a resource online. I do love a chunky neck. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still a super comfy neck though, I believe it is the same to my BB1200 and although I mainly play J-sized necks the BB feels good and fits my hand pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BB2000 said:

That's for sure.  I have a pair of them, so won't be without one (had one since they came out).

Nice, how good is the keeper, because this one is lovely. Mine is is the natural finish which is mellowing to a lovely butterscotch. 

Good luck with the sale, these BB2000's rarely come along

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2019 at 07:06, jbu09 said:

Nice, how good is the keeper, because this one is lovely. Mine is is the natural finish which is mellowing to a lovely butterscotch. 

Good luck with the sale, these BB2000's rarely come along

The other one is also a  brown stain finish ('83) but it has a couple of bruises.  I thought it would be easier to sell this one since it's in such nice shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2019 at 12:25, EJWW said:

What is the weight please?

I'll try and borrow scales to get an accurate weight - the spec says 4.5kg which is probably fairly accurate since all the ones I've handled have felt very similar.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/08/2019 at 21:16, BB2000 said:

To answer some Q's the manufacture date is October '84, and the fingerboard is ebony.  It's made in Japan.

Are you sure it is the ebony? Looks very brown to me. Thanks, David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boards on these are Macassar (striped ebony). This one looks to be in fantastic condition.  Took me a long time to find one in almost as good condition. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davidak said:

Are you sure it is the ebony? Looks very brown to me. Thanks, David

Yes, as Alba says all the BB2000 and the 80's Japanese BB3000 (and BB5000) basses had striped ebony boards.

Edited by BB2000
forgor about the BB5000
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...