Why become a member? ×

I Love Gigging!

Jazzmaster62

12 hours ago, Quilly said:

Even if you have one of those terrible gigs , you just have to chalk it down to experience and learn from it for the next time. I can’t understand why for some musicians it’s a breaking point moment and they quit. It’s happened a lot with bands I’ve played in .

Not one bad gig - everyone gets those, but when you get a lot of bad gigs in a row when you were a bit down to start with, that is when it can start to fall apart

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Not one bad gig - everyone gets those, but when you get a lot of bad gigs in a row when you were a bit down to start with, that is when it can start to fall apart

I regularly with a band a long time ago that never rehearsed and winged it for every gig. Luckily they were amazing musicians but it never felt good . Songs just went on and on . 

On 23/07/2019 at 04:38, Newfoundfreedom said:

The weird thing is, I actually really enjoy being in a band. We're all mates, we get on great, I love the making music part of it. I just don't enjoy gigging. While for most people, gigging is the pinnacle, or even the whole reason for being in a band, for me it's the least enjoyable part. I'm still fairly new to it all so I'm hoping it's something that will change with experience. Maybe I just need to relax more and enjoy the process. As things currently stand I just find it really stressful. Which kind of defeats the point as it was supposed to be just a fun hobby. 

If you don't have the gig bug now chances are gigging is not for you.

For me, I still love the challenge of gigging. I like the demand of the skill sets necessary to make live performance work. But keep in mind playing in a band is not a fun hobby for me.

Blue

FB_IMG_1562272219413.jpg

• Like 1

The folk group I play with had a sort of 'practice in front of an audience' a couple of weeks ago. Turns out I am the biggest show off in the group, getting those watching to join in with my one vocal line and everything!

Maybe my idea of being the singer in an Ian Dury tribute isn't so terrible after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2