Why become a member? ×

Some nice Bass Collections for sale

Linus27

A 5 String.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bass-Collection-5-string-bass-Very-Rare-1988_W0QQitemZ320324937211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item320324937211&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bass-Collection-5-st...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

A lefty.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bass-Collection-SB-501-Left-Handed_W0QQitemZ250342832689QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item250342832689&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bass-Collection-SB-5...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

[quote name='Linus27' post='358160' date='Dec 18 2008, 06:12 PM']A 5 String.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bass-Collection-5-string-bass-Very-Rare-1988_W0QQitemZ320324937211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item320324937211&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bass-Collection-5-st...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url][/quote]
Been valued at £1300 - BIN price = £550. :)

To me, they are a certain type of bass for a certain type of player. They are light, thin, great necks and easy to play. So excellent for female players or people who want a light bass or are of a slight build. They also sound great. However, not my cup of tea but my wife loves hers.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='358332' date='Dec 18 2008, 09:46 PM']Fair play if you like them, i just find them a bit boring looking.[/quote]

A bass collection looks 'boring' but a Musicman doesn't! I'm assuming your not talking aesthetic outline of the bass. :)

There is/was a huge range of finishes on the Bass Collection basses with fancy wood tops etc. they also did there own take on the Jazz bass which was very nice indeed. I owned a sunburst Bass Collection (I believe cd_david from the forum may have also been an owner of that bass) many years ago and it was as described; a nice, light, easily playable instrument, not offensive in any way but not the most tonal character in the world but I wouldn't be embarrassed to play one again.

You can see where Vintage got the inspiration for the V940/V950 from...

I had a Bass Collection once upon a time. Nice enough to play but it was far too light for my liking (being used to fairly weighty basses, Hayman, Fender and Warwick having been my main gigging basses) and I just never felt comfortable with it.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='358175' date='Dec 18 2008, 06:26 PM']Been valued at £1300 - BIN price = £550. :)[/quote]

that be me selling that

i bought it from some one a while ago and thats what they said it was valued at (cant remember who he said valued it

i paid £750 for it and i just fancy a change

i put a low price so i had better chance of selling it and thats all i need to afford my music man

please dont hold me to any info i put on about it as its all to the best of my knowledge an what ive been told!

[quote name='Russty_dub' post='358767' date='Dec 19 2008, 01:07 PM']that be me selling that

i bought it from some one a while ago and thats what they said it was valued at (cant remember who he said valued it

i paid £750 for it and i just fancy a change

i put a low price so i had better chance of selling it and thats all i need to afford my music man[/quote]Delete the 1300 bit then as it makes the auction sound dodge. Just say that it is worth more than the asking price.
It will then go to someone who knows it's worth and knows what to expect and you and the buyer will feel much happier about life, the universe and everything.

[quote name='Russty_dub' post='358767' date='Dec 19 2008, 01:07 PM']please dont hold me to any info i put on about it as its all to the best of my knowledge an what ive been told![/quote]Actually it is your responsibility to put forward the facts not just hazy stuff - otherwise it may come back and bite you on the bum.

Good luck with the sale though. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='358531' date='Dec 19 2008, 08:27 AM']A bass collection looks 'boring' but a Musicman doesn't! I'm assuming your not talking aesthetic outline of the bass. :)

There is/was a huge range of finishes on the Bass Collection basses with fancy wood tops etc. they also did there own take on the Jazz bass which was very nice indeed. I owned a sunburst Bass Collection (I believe cd_david from the forum may have also been an owner of that bass) many years ago and it was as described; a nice, light, easily playable instrument, not offensive in any way but not the most tonal character in the world but I wouldn't be embarrassed to play one again.[/quote]
No i wasn't just talking about the outline :huh: I mean pickguard, controls, pickups etc. And I've always thought P/J combinations look kinda cheap on that style of body. They look ok a jazz/precision, but i'd rather have soapbars or something on that sort of body style. I admit though, i haven't seen any of the more fancy ones though, just ones like that.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='358932' date='Dec 19 2008, 04:22 PM']No i wasn't just talking about the outline :) I mean pickguard, controls, pickups etc. And I've always thought P/J combinations look kinda cheap on that style of body. They look ok a jazz/precision, but i'd rather have soapbars or something on that sort of body style. I admit though, i haven't seen any of the more fancy ones though, just ones like that.[/quote]

The pics aren't that great but I'd say that the 5 string is a higher grade bass than the normal painted basses, as I can see a sandwich/coachline around the body where the hardwood top sits on an ash/alder back but TBH it could probably do with a complete rub down and re-waxing/oiling to get it back to best.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='358791' date='Dec 19 2008, 01:28 PM']Delete the 1300 bit then as it makes the auction sound dodge. Just say that it is worth more than the asking price.
It will then go to someone who knows it's worth and knows what to expect and you and the buyer will feel much happier about life, the universe and everything.

Actually it is your responsibility to put forward the facts not just hazy stuff - otherwise it may come back and bite you on the bum.

Good luck with the sale though. :)[/quote]

cheers for the tips bud

i reaally really hope it goes, cos theres a dude on here who will be my saviour with a stingray that i realy real want, like i want it more than i want sex!!! lol if this sell well ill be happy, having lots of sex and ill be proud owner of a stingray

no i will not be having sex WITH the stingray, i may be 21 and a horney f***er, but i dont want splinters! lol