Silentgeoff

SOLD - Yamaha SLB100 Silent Bass
£600
New Brighton, Wirral

Item now sold

Yamaha SLB100 upright bass for sale. It is a full sized Double Bass but without a body and originally designed for practice in sound sensitive areas. Just plug headphones in. Very good condition and new strings when I bought it.

Because of the size it will have to be collected. I'm just across the river from Liverpool.

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

Edited by Rich
Sold

I should say I’ve not bought it, we’re just chatting. I’d certainly like too, but I’m very far away from the seller and with two kids it’s unlikely I’ll be able to travel up to Liverpool from Bristol, sadly. Unless anyone from up north is heading down this way anytime soon...

Edited by Burns-bass

Bloody hell! 600 quid! I've already got one but I'll have this is nobody else does!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dyerseve
      **BACK ON HOLD**
       I am having a bass clear out due to moving countries very soon - everything is going except 1!
      Up for sale(no trades please) is my stunning Warwick Streamer Stage II. Handbuilt in Germany in 1989 - this bass is a beautiful example from the "Golden Era" of Warwick. The wood choices on the basses are exceptional as shown in the photos. They benefit from solid brass bridges - not the cheaper and less resonant alloys used afterwards. This bass also features the very high quality Schaller machineheads. All that brass does add some weight though - the bass weighs 4.6kg / 10lbs 3oz.
      This bass comes with a brand new ABS flight case to keep it safe during shipping. It is a quality case that I have used before for shipping internationally without any issues.
      Everything works perfectly - the truss rod, the electronics etc. - as you would expect from a bass of this quality. The truss rod is also future-proof as it is removable and replacements are easily available from Warwick so there is no risk here!
      The fretboard and frets have been cleaned - the frets have then been polished and the fretboard oiled.
      The bass is currently strung with Warwick Red Label strings - this set is almost brand new.
      The bass does show some signs of normal use, notably very deep thumb wear above the neck pickup. There are a couple of small marks around the body however for it's age the overall condition is excellent and this bass has clearly been used but well loved and looked after. There is the usual very light tarnish to the gold hardware, as you would expect from any used musical instrument but overall the bass is in exceptionally good cosmetic condition for it's age - there are no deep scratches and no cracks.
      This bass is all original.
      Here are the specs for this particular bass from the founder of Warwick, Hans Peter Wilfer:
      - Bass               Streamer Stage II 4 string
        Serial Number     M 451 89
        Year               1989
        Month             December
        Number             451
        Neck Wood         Wenge Wood with Afzelia Wood
        Fingerboard        Wenge Wood with Mother of Pearl Ying Yang inlays
        Frets              Bronce Warwick Frets  
        Nut               Just a Nut Brass Version
        Neck construction  NeckThrough hiddenneck construction
        Body               3 pcs. solid Azelia Wood
        Surface           Oil Finish / BeeWax surface
        Pickups           active EMG JJ Pickups
        Electronic         active MEC 2 Band Electronic
        Hardware           Gold Hardware made by Schaller for Warwick
        Made in Germany / 91330 Eggolsheim
      It will be very well packaged and shipped in a brand new ABS flight case - the flight case will be packaged within a box.
      I can ship anywhere in the world - it will be shipped with full insurance and tracking for everyone's peace of mind.
      If you have any questions please let me know.
      Many more detailed photos can be found here:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/feJL8E2XYZCK4LcP8

• By dyerseve
      Creek OBH 21SE Headphone Amp with PSU - both units have been upgraded.
      Both the amp and the PSU have been upgraded with better quality electrolytics - the PSU has Mundorf Mlytic AG, ELNA Cerafine and Jantzen Cross Caps. The amp has ELNA Cerafines and all of the links on the PCB have been replaced with solid silver.
      The volume pot was just replaced with a like-for-like ALPS Blue Velvet from HiFi Collective. The amp case has additional dampening material. The PSU has been rehoused in a shielded project box and now has  shielded silver-plated cable and a silver-plated MK 3 pin UK plug.
      Perfect working condition and very good cosmetic condition.
      I have the original boxes for both the amp and the PSU but the PSU, due to being rehoused in a larger box no longer fits in the original packaging  but will be very well packaged for shipping.
      £125 posted to most UK mainland addresses
      More photos here:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/Un1xe4vmg9HGbmk48

• By dyerseve
      **SOLD  STP**

My bass clear out continues due to moving countries very soon
      Up for sale is my beautiful and extremely versatile 2007 Warwick Streamer $$ - made in Germany.
      I say versatile because each of the MM-style pickups have a 3-way selector switch to choose between series/parallel/single coil mode for each of the pickups! Combine that with the active/passive electronics with a 2 band pre amp and you have a bass for pretty much every situation!
      The bass weighs 3.9kg 8lbs10oz
      This bass comes with a brand new ABS flight case to keep it safe during shipping. It is a quality case that I have used before for shipping internationally without any issues.
      Everything works perfectly - the truss rod, the electronics etc. - as you would expect from a bass of this quality.
      The fretboard and frets have been cleaned - the frets have then been polished and the fretboard oiled.
      The bass is currently strung with D'addarios which are my strings of choice for Warwicks.
      The bass does show some signs of normal use, notably some slight marks around the body - these marks on the body look worse and deeper than they are due to the clear lacquer that is applied over the ocean blue oil finish. Whenever there is a minor scratch or ding, the lacquer seperates and turns white which looks unsightly but it is actually protecting the body of the bass underneath. There is the usual light tarnish to the gold hardware, as you would expect from any used musical instrument but overall the bass is in good cosmetic condition - there are no deep scratches and no cracks.
      This bass is all original except for the nut which has been upgraded to the brass Just A Nut III. This is a significant improvement as the nut is now brass, like the frets, so there is a more consitent sound between open and fretted notes.
      Here are the specs for this particular bass from the Warwick website:
      Serial number:
      J 13777607
      Article number:
      1214380200GZASHAWW
      produced:
      Description:
      Streamer, 4-string
      Ocean Blue Oil finish
      Swamp Ash body
      Maple neck
      Gold hardware

Made in Germany
      It will be very well packaged(see my feedback) and shipped in a brand new ABS flight case - the flight case will be packaged within a box.
      I can ship anywhere in the world - it will be shipped with full insurance and tracking for everyone's peace of mind.
      If you have any questions please let me know.
      Producr demo so you can see/hear what i mean about the tone and versatility of these incredible basses:
      More photos available here:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/wMkt1BnbtpbkJYnEA

• By Keith Hulse
      Hi folks, I am selling a NS Stock Guitar Bass (EHC30316). Had it for a couple of years and for most of the time its been in its case. Let me know if you're interested. If in the UK I am happy within reason to deliver it personally. 
      Thanks a lot.

• By Fabrice
      Hello,
      I'm selling or trading my Sadowsky Metroline RV4-HPJ. The bass is not new but works perfectly.
      It's everything you can expect from a Sadowsky instument, the sound is full and you can achieved a lot different tones with the active electronic.
      The bass come with a non-original Gator case and an bass xtender (original tuner included). The input jack was changed because it was starting to malfunction.
      Price include delivery EU.
      For the exchange I'm looking for a 5-strings bass with a scale of at least 35" or a multi-scale bass like a Dingwall (high-end and low-end bass will be considered).
      There may be money in the exchange one way or the other.
      Thanks for looking at my ad.
      Fabrice.