Why become a member? ×

Anyone want to borrow a five string?

waynepunkdude

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='M4L666' post='461788' date='Apr 14 2009, 09:12 AM']Has he just nicked off with it?[/quote]
I retract that, I just got it today. Very exciting, laid down bass to a few new song ideas I had lying about. The low notes are really useful! But I want more now. I've had a taste, I can't go back! Anyone doing a tester 8 string?

[quote name='M4L666' post='463279' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:32 PM']I retract that, I just got it today. Very exciting, laid down bass to a few new song ideas I had lying about. The low notes are really useful! But I want more now. I've had a taste, I can't go back! Anyone doing a tester 8 string?[/quote]

Good news :) I think you will be the first one who has borrowed it and now wants a five.

I hope Starvolt is OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd bump this one up. It must be approaching time for it to be sent off to me but I am away for a bit soon - can the next on the list have it before me and I'll jump in afterwards? Not sure who that is.

[quote name='dj150888' post='465393' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:14 PM']I suppose it'd be asking too much for a fairly new poster on the forum to be trusted with it? I've been lurking for a long time, but never posted much, really interested in trying a 5er.[/quote]
I'm quite new here too- but after all, isn't stuff like this the reason you're on a bass forum?

Edited by M4L666

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week, so would ask to be missed this time around and slot back in again for the time after. Either that or you hang onto it for another week then send it after 20th? I don't mind either way.

[quote name='Paul S' post='485905' date='May 12 2009, 01:38 PM']I'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week, so would ask to be missed this time around and slot back in again for the time after. Either that or you hang onto it for another week then send it after 20th? I don't mind either way.[/quote]
I'm fine with that, but then I'll have had it over a month. It isn't getting much playing though, because it's so heavy! I would rather send it on- who's next?