Why become a member? ×

Bugger

phil_the_bassist

f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ckf*ck f*ck

erm

Don't tell Mrs PTB, ok?!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110323038483"]I really hoped to be outbid[/url] BUT DAMN!!! I've got a figured necked musicman stingray5!!!!

F*CKIN AYE!!! :huh: :)

It's a crimbo pressie to phil, that's all!

Please help, wtf will i tell her? How can I hide it?!

GAHH!! I'm so happy, yet, terrified of the wrath of Katie! Help!!!!

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='354338' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:38 PM']"Just off to Bristol to pick up some Xmas shopping dear...." :huh:

Good luck explaining that one when you bring it home, Phil.

Nice bass though - actually tell her it was in the sales and you saved hundreds. Women understand that logic. :huh:[/quote]

it's exactly half what I paid for my 'ray brand new, so technically I got two for less than £2k, and one'll now only go up in value...right? it's an investment right? will the bank let me take the cash outta my credit card? goddamn it....how the f*ck will i hide it in this house?! anyone nearby able to look after it possibly?

looks like i'll be doing a f***load of overtime/selling stuff/pimping my a$$ to make up the funds so she doesn't notice!! lol!

:) it's a good thing, right?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='354343' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:43 PM']get it delivered to work maybe?[/quote]

nah, the collection bit's easy...plus I'm giving him the cash once I've tried it out...it's the hiding from Mrs PTB who's getting handy with the breadknife that's the fun part...and yes, the plan'll have to be more cunning than the most cunning weasel professor at Cunning Uni, Cunningford.

MMMMM, but it';s gonna look so HOT next to my other 'ray :)

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='354338' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:38 PM']"Just off to Bristol to pick up some Xmas shopping dear...." :)

Good luck explaining that one when you bring it home, Phil.

Nice bass though - actually tell her it was in the sales and you saved hundreds. Women understand that logic. :huh:[/quote]

yep agree with that! :huh:

however tell her it was buy one get one free they really go for that!

andy

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='354368' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:18 PM']Yeah I saw that at £560 with 10 minutes to go, bloody snipers.

I didn't bid FWIW. But only because my mate's got a Stingray 5 and he's always banging on about how ace it is - I don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me buy one. :)[/quote]

I just noticed it with about 5mins to go and chucked a £600 bid in, but kept on foolishly bidding till I was highest bidder!

Damn my irrational love for 'Rays!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='354334' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:36 PM']f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ckf*ck f*ck

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110323038483"]I really hoped to be outbid[/url] BUT DAMN!!! I've got a figured necked musicman stingray5!!!!

F*CKIN AYE!!! :huh: :)
It's a crimbo pressie to phil, that's all!
Please help, wtf will i tell her? How can I hide it?!
GAHH!! I'm so happy, yet, terrified of the wrath of Katie! Help!!!![/quote]

Cor! Look what I found in the Woolworths closing down sale! ..... or,
With the collapse of the Pound against the dollar..... this was an absolute steal....or,
I know you find these so sexy, I thought it was about time you played alongside me. So how about it.

Balcro.

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='354348' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:51 PM']...it's the hiding from Mrs PTB who's getting handy with the breadknife that's the fun part...and yes, the plan'll have to be more cunning than the most cunning weasel professor at Cunning Uni, Cunningford.[/quote]

I'd like to wish you good luck :huh:

You are [i]so[/i] gonna need it :) :huh:

[quote name='Balcro' post='354374' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:22 PM']Cor! Look what I found in the Woolworths closing down sale! ..... or,
With the collapse of the Pound against the dollar..... this was an absolute steal....or,
I know you find these so sexy, I thought it was about time you played alongside me. So how about it.

Balcro.[/quote]

OOh, good hints...I like the last one, esp if I wrap it up for her for crimbo!!! :huh: I'll get so much sexytime I won't be able to stand straight!! BARGAIN!

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='354375' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:23 PM']I'd like to wish you good luck :huh:

You are [i]so[/i] gonna need it :) :huh:[/quote]

Alternately, I think this is more realistic! :huh:

[quote name='Hamster' post='354412' date='Dec 14 2008, 06:01 PM']It's a great day to buy a Stingray! - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110321828627&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=001[/url][/quote]

jesus! £480?! Bargains all over the shop!