Why become a member? ×

Most unusual / obscure song you play

HeavyJay

"I will survive"(samba version, going into a full blown" MR. Crowley" guitar solo(ozzy)) :huh:
"Mamma Mia"(probably more commonplace now) :huh:

I was in a bluesy singles band where the tuning seemed to vary every other week!
"The letter"(box tops) was nice to play ,goodness knows what tuning I did that! :)

Not obscure but unusual as a cover - "Music" by John Miles.

Used to do "Fireball XL5" with one band (which was actually a white soul originals band, it was just one of those things that happens sometimes), have suggested we do it with the current one.

We used to do Big Spender with a male singer (he didn't change any of the words so it ended up sounding dead camp).

Currently the most obscure song is 'Love it when you call' by The Feeling - a tricky little one to get all the bvox right and play that riff at the same time.

G

[quote name='Gman' post='359018' date='Dec 19 2008, 06:09 PM']We used to do Big Spender with a male singer (he didn't change any of the words so it ended up sounding dead camp).

Currently the most obscure song is 'Love it when you call' by The Feeling - a tricky little one to get all the bvox right and play that riff at the same time.

G[/quote]
Ah yes. Years back we used to do "Falling in love again" a la Sid Viscious - My Way :)

[quote name='tauzero' post='358917' date='Dec 19 2008, 04:00 PM']Used to do "Fireball XL5" with one band (which was actually a white soul originals band, it was just one of those things that happens sometimes), have suggested we do it with the current one.[/quote]

Many moons ago we played a wedding at Gleneagles Hotel - bottle of Becks was £3.75 at a time when everywhere else was selling it for less than £2.

Anyway this well to do guy gets up and asks to sing a song. He sounded really professional and we were wondering what it was that he was going to sing. It was Fireball XL5.

I play in a wedding/function band so we play a wide variety of music but there are a couple of songs that you'd expect from a pub band but not a wedding band. they are:

The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
The Jam - Town Called Malice
Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire

We have been known to play the odd Glen Miller medley where the average age of the audience is over 70. Very handy since I played in a big band for a few years

Edited by Delberthot