Why become a member? ×

Have you got many gigs over Christmas?

HeavyJay

The band that I'm in are having a bit of a Christmas hiatus from the 20th of December until the 10th of January, just to kick back and chill for a while.

We have (probably quite stupidly) turned down about 4 new year's eve gig opps so far, because my wife and I are having a party that night so it is off limits! Fancy dress and everything!

Who amongst you is being dedicated to the cause and not letting up the pace over the festive period?

I have 4 over the Christmas period, we're only a rock covers band so we can't demand too much but it's worth doing these for double the money :huh: New Years day instead of New Years Eve :) , 27th, 26th which is an early pm gig, then jetting off from that gig to the evening gig....like Phil Collins!

My band have 2 weekends off over Chrstmas and only 1 gig in about 4 weeks over the whole Festive period so I'm depping on New Years Eve. Pay's good but I have to learn about 30 songs, so guess who's getting his cheat sheets ready! I'm looking forward to not doing loads of band stuff and spending time with the family but my band are too quiet for my liking hence the NYE dep gig.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='352580' date='Dec 12 2008, 11:48 AM']WoT are you at The Robin again? We are there on Sat January 10th. No support! :wacko:[/quote]

Hello Mr. Fudge!

Not yet.. later in the year though, apparently. I'll let you know!

Have fun when you're there!

I wish Phil Jupitus would call us something like that... :)

So with the exception of Jase (with his Phil Collins-like activity), would I be right in thinking that the Christmas gigging pattern seems to be gigs as normal (in inverted commas) up until the last weekend before Chrimble, then nothing until the second weekend in January (ish) with the exception of a new year do (if you're lucky enough to get one)?

I'm of course being vague-ish about exact dates.