Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Fender USA '75 Jazz * SOLD *

Lysdexia

Hi guys - a stunning example of this bass, limited to a run of 1,000. Finished in metallic candy apple red with matching headstock and pearloid scratch plate.

More pics to follow :)

BTW - I don't mind accepting paypal, but please be aware that payment can take 3-5 days to clear and also that [b]if you do not[/b] send the money as >personal>other, then PayPal will charge just as they do on eBay. [b]If you do[/b] send via >personal>other, then it is free! It also seems that not all countries have this option, so any extra charges will have to be met if you want to pay via paypal. Edited by Lysdexia

[quote name='Lysdexia' date='Dec 11 2008, 03:41 PM' post='351863']

I'm thinking of selling a plectrum. I'll post pics just as soon as I've found a suitable model to display it ;-)

Edit: found her. As you can see the plectrum she's holding is a genuine original pre-CBS Music Man without frettles, ideal for plugged-in jazz or larrup metal.

Edited by bremen

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='351863' date='Dec 11 2008, 03:41 PM']

Hi guys - a stunning example of this bass, limited to a run of 1,000. Finished in metallic candy apple red with matching headstock and pearloid scratch plate.

More pics to follow :huh:

BTW - I don't mind accepting paypal, but please be aware that payment can take 3-5 days to clear and also that if you do not send the money as >personal>other, then PayPal will charge just as they do on eBay. If you send via >personal>other, then it is free! It also seems that not all countries have this option, so any extra charges will have to be met if you want to pay via paypal.[/quote]

Hiya That's interesting about Paypal .. Can you just clear up the difference though? Both look like >personal>other :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='351922' date='Dec 11 2008, 04:44 PM']Hiya That's interesting about Paypal .. Can you just clear up the difference though? Both look like >personal>other :)[/quote]

Well, they are the same, but one I referred to when you DON'T use that option and then again to indicate the service can be free if you DO use it.

I just found out, for example, the folks in Holland don't even get the choice.

[quote name='OldGit' post='351922' date='Dec 11 2008, 04:44 PM']Hiya That's interesting about Paypal .. Can you just clear up the difference though? Both look like >personal>other :huh:[/quote]

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='351932' date='Dec 11 2008, 04:52 PM']Well, they are the same, but one I referred to when you DON'T use that option and then again to indicate the service can be free if you DO use it.

I just found out, for example, the folks in Holland don't even get the choice.[/quote]

Nope... you've lost me on that one! :)

I'm looking to sell a couple of basses Internationally and one guy in the States needs to pay via PayPal (quite a substantial sum, so I'll be hit for about £100 in charges), if we could do that without incurring charges we'd both be over the moon; are you saying it can be done?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='351942' date='Dec 11 2008, 05:01 PM']Nope... you've lost me on that one! :)

I'm looking to sell a couple of basses Internationally and one guy in the States needs to pay via PayPal (quite a substantial sum, so I'll be hit for about £100 in charges), if we could do that without incurring charges we'd both be over the moon; are you saying it can be done?[/quote]

Example 1. If I was to send money within the UK - you have two, tabbed options to send as 'purchase' or 'personal'. If the money is sent as personal>other then PayPal accept that as a private transaction and there are no charges for using it.

Example 2. The chap who just bought a bass from me in Holland, did not have the choice available to him and so had to send it as a purchase. PayPal charged as they would for any eBay transaction.

So, you would have to check with the buyer if he has the option available in their country.

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='351950' date='Dec 11 2008, 05:09 PM']Example 1. If I was to send money within the UK - you have two, tabbed options to send as 'purchase' or 'personal'. If the money is sent as personal>other then PayPal accept that as a private transaction and there are no charges for using it.

Example 2. The chap who just bought a bass from me in Holland, did not have the choice available to him and so had to send it as a purchase. PayPal charged as they would for any eBay transaction.

So, you would have to check with the buyer if he has the option available in their country.[/quote]

Cheers, I'll give that a try!

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='351882' date='Dec 11 2008, 03:59 PM']I play bass, I photograph models. Being able to bring them together is really tough for me.

But, you know, for you guys...I'll soldier on :)[/quote]
Hey,i don't want to see the basses,just show the models!! :huh:

Lysdexia I like the way you tease us by giving the photos out gradually, keeps people coming back to your thread. A couple of weeks back I spent ages looking through literally every photo on your flickr account, they were amazing you have a true talent. Now where's that next photo?...... :)

[quote name='Danny' post='352030' date='Dec 11 2008, 06:42 PM']Lysdexia I like the way you tease us by giving the photos out gradually, keeps people coming back to your thread. A couple of weeks back I spent ages looking through literally every photo on your flickr account, they were amazing you have a true talent. Now where's that next photo?...... :huh:[/quote]

Thank you!

Photography is great fun - processing the images for viewing much, much less so. I spend maybe 30 hours a week planked in front of a screen editing :) So, I'll get more up shortly.

Feel free to order a print in the meantime :huh:

In response to the PM's I've had about the price -

I paid £1400 for it, so I'm looking for [b]offers [/b]around the [b]£1075 [/b]mark + shipping. Or you can of course collect it from me in person in Glasgow for a tenner to cover my petrol.

Edited by Lysdexia

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='352073' date='Dec 11 2008, 07:23 PM']Lovely looking bass Aandra. Bonnie wee lassie too even if she looks a bit dour. Must be a Helensburgh maid?[/quote]

She's not from Helensburgh, but got here as quick as she could.

The lass, Celin, is a Londoner.

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='351932' date='Dec 11 2008, 04:52 PM']Well, they are the same, but one I referred to when you DON'T use that option and then again to indicate the service can be free if you DO use it.

I just found out, for example, the folks in Holland don't even get the choice.[/quote]

Ah so you did. Sorry, I didn't read it slowly enough for me ol' brain :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='351953' date='Dec 11 2008, 05:15 PM']Cheers, I'll give that a try![/quote]

B*gger, that didn't work! A deposit of $1000 netted me £624.60 (after $39.30 fees and their exchange rate). :)

Thanks for the heads up on trying that one, obviously transfers from the States don't work like UK transfers.

unlucky, but i gurantee uk-uk transactions under £200 at least are free when sent by a gift, if people pay me by paypal for something i always tell them to do this. otherwise il demand a cheque

[quote name='BassManKev' post='352213' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:12 PM']unlucky, but i gurantee uk-uk transactions under £200 at least are free when sent by a gift, if people pay me by paypal for something i always tell them to do this. otherwise il demand a cheque[/quote]
Last time I sent money as a gift (UK-UK approx 2 weeks ago) it wasn't free? It gave me the option of paying the charges myself or passing that cost on to the recipient. This was only for £15 as well.

Edited by rayfw