Why become a member? ×

NYXL (or just regular ss strings)

sifi2112

Hi all,

Where’s the best (cheapest lol) place to get a NYXL 4 string set ? And what gauges do they come in please ?

If I can’t get these I’ll just go for regular ss (4 string standard tuning).  What’s your favourite place to get strings period  ?

cheers

Simon

Edited by sifi2112

I generally shop around for whoever has an offer. I've never had to pay more than £30 inc P&P.

Worth having a look on Amazon as well; they often do single strings as an 'add on' for a few quid if you're a Prime member. I Scored a couple of E's (I always seem to kill them before the rest of the set) for £7 total when buying other stuff. 

If someone can sort me out cheaper though, I'm all ears!! :)

10 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

NYXL are nickel btw, just mentioning as you were choosing between NYXL and some other stainless steel sets.

Yeah I know they’re nickel .. I normally go for ss but don’t mind trying some nice nickels now n then :)

NYXL, steel core and nickel plated windings. I've been using them (45 -130) on my 5 string Jazz for about a year now. The first time I've used something other than DR for many years.  I'd recommend them for their feel and sound. My next set of strings will be NYXL.

Prices and availability are all via Google!!