Why become a member? ×

PEDAL CHAIN OF COMMAND

The GroovyPlucker

Back again folks.

Just wanted to check I've the pedals in the right order, could never get the hang of this.

I'd be using the Future Impact & Bass Muff mainly, sometimes together

The Metaphors may go, just a luxury I found cheap online, comp ain't much good, add level boost n drive maybe.

Chorus last, although this particular pedal is very loud, haven't tried the whole board yet, may probably swap out for CH/Flange pedal instead.

ALSO, WHERE IN THIS CHAIN WOULD YOU PUT A COMPRESSOR, AFTER THE TUNER MAYBE?

002.jpg

Looks good to me. Can the FI be used like an envelope filter? If so I'd probably put the comp after that, to stop it affecting envelope control and also to reign in any peaky filter sweeps.

You might also want to put the metaphors last if you want to use it as a DI, or perhaps even try it before the fuzz since a blended Big Muff sounds ace with a light distortion going into it.

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 1

I've been thinking of asking a very similar question. My plan is:

TU3 --> Compressor --> BEQ7 --> HM2 --> Chorus

I suspect the EQ should go after the distortion, although I probably wouldn't use them at the same time.

I'm waiting on a ten-stage daisy chain cable so things could get more complex!

If you use a hi-Z (passive) bass, I would try compressor or od/dist/fuzz right after the bass and move the tuner further away in the signal chain.

Tuner may have a lo-Z output and its output may sound very different with those effects mentioned. So try these alternatives before attaching the units to your board.

I want to drive my effects with my bass before putting the signal to compressor IF the compressor's sound does not change too much, if it is later in the chain. This is so much trial and error - there are no absolute truths here.

• Like 1